Software
Houzz Logo Print
sanantoniorose_z8b

To leave in the ground or not

21 years ago

I'm reading confusing info regarding overwintering butterfly gingers. The spot that my gingers are in is always moist and slow draining. It's also on the north west side of the house. So should I dig them up or leave them alone? They're also not completely under the soil. Looks like soil was washed away and some of the rhizomes/bulbs are exposed. If they should stay where they're at, I'll put down some mulch to keep them from freezing. Or will that contribute to rotting? Help!

I've also noticed some seeds, should I leave them on the stalk or cut and bring them indoors?

My membership will expire soon until I can renew, so I won't be answering any questions after the 3rd. I would appreciate any info on what to do with these plants for the winter.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus