Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shillanorth

Splish Splash

Just took this on a very cool, breezy morning at about 8:30 AM.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bath Time

Comments (17)

• mehitabel
    9 years ago

How wonderful! You are so lucky to have seen that!

Where did you get that fountain-- I'd love to have one. I have one of the standard bowl type but the bowls are too deep and don't stay clean enough, so have to keep putting stuff in to clean.

I would love a shallow one-- please tell me it's easy to find one and where to look.

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hello Mehitabel - this fountain has been pretty popular with the hummers at any time of day - early morning right `til dusk no matter the cool temperatures. This is from Home Depot so you should be able to get one easily - also - check their on-line site - they do offer it there as well - sometimes with free shipping so it can be quite a bit cheaper than buying it at the store. It`s super easy to set up and fill - I just pour the water in the front - if it`s too much it will drain out the back access panel - has a light in the top - very nice in the evening. Happy shopping!!!!

• mbrowne
    9 years ago

Pretty cool. That looks like a very happy hummingbird. Thanks for sharing.

• mehitabel
    9 years ago

Thanks, Shilla. :)

• Charlee_MO
    9 years ago

I just watched your video. Loved it and love that fountain.

Thanks for sharing.

• Skyway Gardens
    9 years ago

Very cool video. I tried to give it the thumbs up, but it wouldn't accept it... so thumbs up to you :-)

• feral.kitty
    9 years ago

What a great idea! Now I've looked at home depot's website and there are hundreds of fountains! Do you happen to remember the name or price range of your fountain? Would really appreciate it. Thank you!

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your kind comments. The fountain is from Angelo Decor International Inc. and the model is Coba. It stands 26 inches high and sets up in minutes. It was offered for $99.00 on-line or $123.00 in-store here in Canada but you lucky Americans can probably get it cheaper!!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: You`re Outta Here!

• feral.kitty
    9 years ago

Not seeing that fountain here, it might only be in Canada. The ones I am seeing don't seem to be fitted with outside cord and plugs. Will keep looking for next year.

• feral.kitty
    9 years ago

I found a similar fountain online at Kmart in north Carolina. Made by Beckett. $70. And free shipping. Now I can't wait for those little sweeties to come back.

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lucky you!!! This was the first summer that I had a fountain and they found it almost immediately and yes, I am with you on that can`t wait part!!!!

• pyro_dave
    9 years ago

I bought the red one from Kmart and have seen two hummers bathing in it the short time I have watched it, and the other birds love it for drinking. The water is shallow, but I saw a robin try to bathe in it.

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It`s always so gratifying when the wildlife takes you up on your offerings!!!

• mehitabel zone 6
    9 years ago

Shilla, that's exactly it.

• Marilyn Nolin
    9 years ago

I'm in Eastern NC, getting ready to set up my new hummer fountain. So far, only a few have come to the feeders.

• Marilyn Nolin
    9 years ago

Can't say I find this non-serif text easy to read. Times Roman would be my choice. That's why most websites use a seriffed font. Anyone?

• lexilu73
    9 years ago

I actually got a red fountain just like that at Kmart last year end of season sale for $30. I would check Kmart. The one I bought was actually a resin/plastic material.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting