I purchased 6 plants of Heirloom Mellon and planted them. The results were good we got average of 5 fruits of every plant. The Mellon was very sweet and perfumed. Outside was narrow green lines and the meddle was gold yellow. I collected seeds from this Mellon and planted the seeds this year. The results were different. The Mellon is very sweet and perfumed but no green lines, outside just yellow gold and we got about three fruits of every plant (less production than last year). I talked to a plant expert at the extension and he told me that my last year Mellon was Hybridized from other Mellon in the neighborhood and this year I am not getting the same specie I had last year. He further said if you plant this years seeds you will get different specie next year. That is really puzzling to me how do they keep the specie intact.
farmfreedom
Related Professionals
Cape Coral Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hackettstown Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Canton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Williamsburg Landscape Contractors · Saginaw Landscape Contractors · San Jose Landscape Contractors · Durango Landscape Contractors · Lewiston Landscape Contractors · Queens Landscape Contractors · Palm Bay Flooring Contractors · Quincy Flooring Contractors · Greenville Flooring Contractors · Hackettstown Flooring Contractors · Potsdam Flooring Contractors · Lancaster Flooring Contractors