Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newyorkrita

Ordered More TB Iris

newyorkrita
14 years ago

I knew I wouldn't last long without ordering. Tonight I faxed off an order to Mid America Iris. I never ordered there but they are a popular Iris vendor.

So my order is -

Baltic Sea

Barbara May

Wedding Night

Flame Amber

For Lovers Only

Imposter

Indian Sunset

Laced Credentials

New Face

Oklahoma Centennial

Purple Ritz

Brilliance

Circle of Light

Coral Splendor

Fiery Figure

Just Kiss Me

Love Me True

Milan

Pacific Fire

Pursuit of Happiness

Blue Rising

Fall Fashion

And my four bonus plants are-

Beauty Becomes Her

Calgary

Pink Invasion

Penguin Party

That makes 26 iris including the bonus iris.

I still intend to order from Scheiners. I just got sidetracked. I don't have room for all these in my newly alotted space. Don't know what I am gonna do but I gotta have them.

Comments (8)

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

Good gracious, Rita.
    I have lusted after Milan for quite a while, and the description makes me want it even more. Coral Splendor was the other one that made me drool.

I'm off to Mid America's website to check out your other purchases.

Renee

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Where are you going to plant them, Rita? Or or you doing like someone else I know? Buying then figuring out where they are going?
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They are going in the garden upstairs that used to be a veggie garden. Up there are going new sections of daylilies, Lilies, Bulbs, Siberians, and a section for the TB iris. I have it pretty much laid out although I am doing the daylily sections now. Then I potted up the Siberians that will go there as the space is not ready. Then I have to put in those iris beds. There are sections for lilies and for fall bulbs and for dutch iris. A very ambitious layout.

The problem is I have no place to plant my tomatoes.

• ladylovingdove
    13 years ago

Rita,
    I have ordered from Mid America Gardens for years and years.
    I bought from them when they really were Mid America gardens in Oklahoma. They send irises just a big as Schreiners. I ordered a few from them this year. My gardens are full but I am selling some off to make a little space. I also ordered a few from Keith Keppel. He is a well known hybridizer who also moved to Oregon (iris country) from CA. when he retired.
    I ordered from Mid America, 2 Expose, Gypsy Lord, Money in Your Pocket, Coffee Trader and Painters Touch.
    From Keith Keppel I ordered, Gitano, Brilliant Idea, Brazilian Art, Gypsy Lord and get Rainbow High as bonus. You won't be disappointed ordering from either of those 2 gardens.

Dot

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi Dot, seems as if you are getting quite afew new ones.

They told me they are out of Barbara May and Purple Ritz so I will not be getting them. Bummer.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I added to my Mid America order since they were out of those two. I also got -
    Ink Patterns
    Cloudscape
    Lynette Blue
    Luxury Ruffles
    So I got one more bonus which I picked GOOD LIFE.

Then I just sent off my next order which is from Napa Vally Iris. I got 14 iris. I picked-
    Jumping Jack Flash
    House Afire
    Golden Panther
    Rurple Ritz
    Abbondanza
    Peking Summer
    Orange Pop
    Grape Expectations
    Fashionably Late
    Double Bubble
    Circus World
    Tahitian Dreams
    Titans Glory
    Sunblaze

This is just too adictive. Those iris are all so beautiful and I had to have them LOL!!!!

• daylilyluver
    13 years ago

LOL Rita...I started looking at your list and had to make sure it wasn't mine. I too ordered from Napa and ordered:

CANTINA
    FASHIONABLY LATE
    GOLDEN PANTHER
    HAPPENSTANCE
    HOUSE AFIRE
    JAIME LYNN
    LADY FRIEND
    TITANS GLORY

I just sent a small order to Wild Iris Rows as I want Vizier which Napa had but I waited too long to place my order and they are sold out of.

Still waiting on a confirmation on my order of SDB's. I won't mention the grower but the communication is lacking.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ha, ha. Looks like great minds think alike. Even more important, choose the same iris LOL!

I didn't see anything anywhere on the Napa Vally site about bonus irises. So I don't know how they handle bonuses. But the prices are so reasonable that I just ordered and didn't worry about it one way or the other.

Sponsored