My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Okra is a hot weather crop. So, even though many types of seeds can be planted as you describe, I wouldn't do okra that way. Wait to plant your okra seeds directly in the garden only after the soil temperature has warmed up to 75 degrees.
I have heard of this theory and to me it don't hold water but anything is possible.
I have grown okra 40 years and always direct sow in super late April or super early May. Mostly I planted clemson spinless, a variety which was introduced in the late 30's shortly after I was born. This stuff is a herloom and I consider it still one of the best okra varities now available.
I am an okra freak! I love it and although I now am limited to a patio garden still grow it. I am looking into other rare varities of okra (I have a post on this) as this member of the mallow family is an exceptional plant.
Lousiana Green Velvet is another nice variety, but smaller. I have used Star of David in past years and liked it. Several places have it, among Seeds of Change and at one time they offered some rather exotic okra. I am tracing those down now thru other houses (see my post on it).
Good luck and have a happy (okra) garden expereience :-)
What he said in the show is that okra usually has about a 50% germination rate. He says that by freezing the seed and planting the ice cube, he gets 80% germination.
Now I know that some bulbs have to be refridgerated, but I have never heard this about seeds.
I don't put mine in ice cubes but I do put the packet in the freezer for 24 hours. I then take them out and let them warm up to room temperature before I plant them and have excellent germination. Supposedly the freezing breaks the hard shell so the seed sprouts easier. Have done this for several years. I saw it on an old garden show on tv.
Paul_OK
Field
Related Professionals
Rome Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Akron Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Oxford Landscape Contractors · Hilton Head Island Landscape Contractors · Beatrice Landscape Contractors · Buffalo Landscape Contractors · Milwaukee Landscape Contractors · Salinas Landscape Contractors · Billings Landscape Contractors · Lake City Tile and Stone Contractors · Albany Tile and Stone Contractors · Salina Tile and Stone Contractors · Rolla Tile and Stone Contractors · Hudson Tile and Stone Contractors · San Angelo Tile and Stone ContractorsAmunhotep4th
WeedGrowerOriginal Author
shakaho
WeedGrowerOriginal Author
gregory200056
WeedGrowerOriginal Author
wars
adrianag