I have had the two Iris beds for several years and they had been care-free for the years. But this year, it finally catches up with me.
This spring, the Irid beds did not send many blooms. I thought they are just too crowded and should be divided. But this is worse. The beds never come out and completely overran by the weeds.
I just cut down the weeds and removed the old leaves. No surprise, it is the Iris Borer attack. Both beds, in very bad shape. See photos:
{{gwi:1034328}}
{{gwi:1034329}}
{{gwi:1034330}}
{{gwi:1034331}}
They should be still viable. I plan to dig them up, clean and soak them in bleach. Then replant them.
My question is that, what should I do with the old beds? Should I treat the beds? Or I can safely plant other things, like corn and tomato etc?
Then how long can I plant Iris again in the same beds?
iris_gal
Related Professionals
Elmira Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Hot Springs Landscape Contractors · Branson Landscape Contractors · Wilmington Landscape Contractors · Plymouth Landscape Contractors · Trenton Landscape Contractors · Los Angeles Landscape Contractors · Grand Junction Landscape Contractors · Branson Design-Build Firms · Elizabeth City Design-Build Firms · Enid Design-Build Firms · Lafayette Design-Build Firms · Lake Havasu City Design-Build Firms · Las Cruces Design-Build Firms · Rapid City Design-Build Firms