Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caroleella

Lovin' legumes

caroleella
17 years ago

I'm a newbie gardener (had a container garden two years ago, and set up a couple square foot gardens for this past summer), and the only thing I've been able to grow really well are peas! I keep growing them, even though no one in my house likes them, because I love looking at those vines climbing up the trellis and bearing pods. I ended up giving them away to one of my friends, who loved them.

But the real reason I'm posting here is beans. I love beans! I grew some Dragon Tongue beans I found at Walmart last summer that I thought hadn't grown at all, but ended up growing a bit after all and giving me about 10 pods that I harvested when I discovered them at the end of the summer. The beans I planted were basic brown, but the ones I got back were white and purple, which was honestly pretty exciting (even though I knew that's how they'd be since that's what the picture on the package was.)

So now I'm looking for more cool beans to grow. I'm especially interested in cool colored beans (striped, spotted, interesting colors, etc.) If there's any you can suggest, I'd appreciate it!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH