Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

wanted: Acquasco MAG Swap: food & stuff

cfmuehling
17 years ago

Aquasco Swap: Food and Stuff List for

The First Annual Aquasco Fall Plant Swap

Sept. 30, 2006 at Vlad's Country Estate:)

(The following is quoted from Christine's version)

This is the secret to our great swaps - those who don't bring PLANTS bring FOOD. Preferably homemade and loaded with calories 'cause it's tough work doing all that trading and socializing. Extra points for food with chocolate. And if you have no plants and no talent in the kitchen, we still need supplies, and drinks, and ice, and potato chips.....

Non-food Needs:

Self-adhesive labels for participants (Nothing fancy, I used old Floppy Disk labels for the Fall Swap)

Charcoal and Lighter Fluid for Charcoal if you're planning to grill

a few non-gardening husbands to run the grill (makes 'em feel useful).

Utensils

Napkins and Paper Towels

Paper Plates-Paper or Plastic Cups

Large Heavy Duty Garbage Bags for Clean-up

Anything I've forgotten to list.

Food:

Beverages

Appetizers

Main Courses

Brownies

Other desserts

Condiments: Mustard, Relish, Catsup, salt & pepper.

Rolls if you're having hot dogs and burgers

Also, this is a great place to show off your very special recipes that your family won't touch, like lavender flavored shortbread or zucchini fudge or whatever - CAUSE IN THE INTERESTS OF BOTANICAL SCIENCE, WE'LL EAT IT!

(For directions, MapQuest:

22300 Aquasco Road (Md route 381)

Aquasco, MD 20608.)

Questions? just include them in your post here, or feel free to e-mail Vlad. (Vlad can't get online to respond, but we're working on this.)

Have fun finding new homes for your surplus plants and discovering new plants you didn't know you needed!

Did I forget anything? Of course! So, let me know so I can fix it!

Wishing everyone a great swap! Happy gardening,

- vladislav

Vlad's Page

Comments (14)

• spanaval
    17 years ago

I have ideas, but need input from others. Here are your choices.

1. Chocolate Espresso Chew - The soft in the middle kind, very chocolatey very, very BAD for you.

2. Chicken Biriyani w/ Tomato Raita - What I made for last fall's swap. Essentially, spicy rice with chicken and cashews, with a yogurt based raita to tone it down.

3. Rum Cake - I had made the chocolate version for the Spring swap, am considering something a little different, maybe using coconut flavored rum with a coconut cake instead.

When you post what you'll be bringing, please vote for one of the choices. Or email me to let me know. Notice that 'All of the above' is not one of the choices. As much as I would like to cook up a storm, I won't have time, if the previous swaps are any indication.

• avoirgold
    17 years ago

Deviled Eggs
    Texas Sheetcake

• busyasabee
    17 years ago

I'll be bringing:
    Babaganoush & Pita Bread
    Tabbouleh (parsley salad)

Suja ~ my vote is for #2 (Chicken Biriyani w/ Tomato Raita)

• kimka
    17 years ago

Apple tart (and this time I promise not to forget to bring it after I go to all the trouble to make it.

• beth_b_kodiak
    17 years ago

I'll bring hot dogs, rolls and chopped onions
    Also a large container of Pasta salad
    How does one make a guess at amounts needed?
    Are there leftovers of staples from MAGTAG?

• madsquopper
    17 years ago

Chocolate truffles are out (too much work), flourless chocolate torte is in (tastes just as good).

Larry

• cfmuehling
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Suja,
    I can't decide but 1 and 2 sound fantastic. How 'bout some of those greenie beanies your dad made? Got any riata? I'm a convert, you know, although I usually have no idea what I'm eating! :)

I'll bring something on the non sweet side, since I can't bake worth a squirt. (Larry, can't wait. Love flourless tortes!)

I have heavy duty garbage bags and will bring some napkins and paper towels.

Yeah!
    Christine

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

I can bring plates and plasticware.

• braspadya
    17 years ago

I'll bring something for the grill, probably Italian sausage or bratwursts, and buns.

Looking forward to seeing you all Saturday!

Dan

• gardnwatch
    17 years ago

I'll bring some type of pasta or cold lentil salad and a fresh fruit pizza.
    Looking forward to Saturday.

Bonnie

• alisonmd
    17 years ago

I'll bring a green salad, some drinks and ice
    Alison

• howndawg
    17 years ago

I can take care of chips and crunchies. I'll bring potato chips, chips and salsa, and maybe pretzels.

I'll also bring some bread and butter pickles I canned this year.

• annebert
    17 years ago

Now I remembered what I want to bring - olive tapanade. Guess I'll have to stop at the store on the way home from work.

And name tags!

• dawnstorm
    17 years ago

FYI I've got plates, plastic-wear and cups.

Sponsored