Wascawry wabbits!
I am heart broken! I went out and not only did rabbits eat the crowns off my Amelanchier arbutifolia and my styrax japonica, but they nipped the bark (and I'm praying it isn't completely girdled) on my chionanthus virginicus and the red buckeye. The viburnums and the japanese maples are now pruned. As in short. As in all of the viburnums...all of this is in open area behind the fence. So far, I don't see any damage inside the fence. Dagnabit, but they even took the lower branches off the lilacs!
I spent some time painting cuts, and wrapping chickenwire around the trunks. If I had known it was going to be like this, I would have done it earlier. I'm hoping the Am. Kestrel and the Red Tailed hawks which I have seen sitting on my fence will have a hosenfeffer dinner....dang it all!

mrsgeekboy
storygardener
Related Professionals
Milwaukee Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Flagstaff Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lagrange Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Crestview Landscape Contractors · Tyler Landscape Contractors · Roanoke Landscape Contractors · Flagstaff Landscape Contractors · Miami General Contractors · Pensacola General Contractors · Emporia General Contractors · Houma General Contractors · Charlottesville General Contractors · Garden City General Contractors · Rapid City General Contractors · Jackson General Contractorsmamimo
michigooseOriginal Author
fourpaws2002