Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oystereater

Bulk Superhot Seeds Source

Oystereater
10 years ago

Does anyone know of a source to purchase bulk amounts of superhot seeds at a price that wont break the bank? My DW somehow lost her mind and threw away my entire pepper seed collection thinking it was garbage. I need at least 100 plants for myself and have promised another 50 starts to various friends, and there is just no way I'm going to pay $3-$4 plus shipping and handling for each lot of ten seeds. Meanwhile I have made an appointment to get the DW on some meds lol.

Comments (12)

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

Would you like some of us to send you seeds? Au gratis of course.

• Oystereater
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CanadianLori, that is very sweet of you to offer, but the amount I'm looking for is ridiculous to expect from the generosity of others. I was just hoping someone might have came across a reasonably priced bulk supplier where I could have gotten a discount. I think I'm just going to have to pony up the money and charge a little bit this year to help offset my costs.

• judo_and_peppers
    10 years ago

do you need 150 of the same variety? which variety or varieties are you looking for?

• pepperdave
    10 years ago

What kind of seed got thrown out? A few hundred seeds is really not that much. 10 seeds for $8 is a good way to get seeds for next year. What is your intention ? I have no problem sharing seed its a big part of this hobby. Post what your looking for and im sure something can be done here. You could just buy a few new new strains to share next year and get a pay forward now. Just remember your obligation next season. Im sure we will have lots of newbies in need of the same gesture. I personally did not buy any seed last year and this year only purchased Brown Mougas only because nobody had any to trade.All other peppers came from other members who received seed they desired in exchange. Love it when thing work out . Join the club you can share alot of seed with 100 plants. And save alot of $ helping others it a ++ all around. Got your seed dude just Email me My list is in my profile. I plan on sharing Brown Mougas next year . I would be a rich man if I could get 25 cents a seed. Greed and Gardening really dont go together [ too much stress] God gives us seed Pepper Joe is just a middleman cashing in

• Oystereater
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wound up loosing my ghosts, red savina, 7 pots, some nagas(?) I received from esox07, fattalis, butch t's and morugas, chocolate habs, and several varieties of tepin. I start plants for many of my friends that don't have growlight set ups and make a great deal of pepper sauce for gifts and for personal use, of course.

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

I just looked at my packets of harvested seeds - I didn't take them out of the little bags to count them but looks like about 25-30 seeds each of Moruga, Butch T and 7 Pot (probably more like 40 7 pots because I just loved the intense yellow colour of the fruit) -I can send you these - that will fill a small hole?

This is my direct email if you want to send your address:
    lori@thehousedressing.ca

I would be delighted to be of some help because I can picture your stomach lurching when you made that sad discovery. :(

• Oystereater
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CanadianLori- That would fill a HUGE hole! I was seriously thinking of not growing any this year, because of the cost. In addition to my beloved peppers, I have approximately an acre that I plant somewhat more tamely with produce to supply the elderly and others that are not able to do so for themselves. Last year I planted 40 tomato plants 6 rows of potatoes 4 rows of onions 1row each of cabbage lettuce and carrots along with squash, okra, collards, mustard greens, radishes, snap beans, peas, brussel sprouts and I think 20 bell peppers, and broccoli. I sell leftovers to support the cost of all this so that I can do it again the next year.

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

This year will be my first trying to grow bunching onions, brussel sprouts, aspabroc, carrots and parsnips and also learning to use little cold frames - so I may be asking for a lot of advice!

Please send that address and start preparing your soil because I will get these in the mail right away.

• CanadianLori
    10 years ago

Threw in a packet of Devil's Tongue just because I have it-enjoy!

• Oystereater
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You are all awesome!

• OKgrowin
    10 years ago

nice link, thats the same cost for 100+ for same as from other vendors like joe, pepperlover, etc

hot wax 2500 = 8 dollars WTF LOL
    direct link to peppers @ hazzards

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths