Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chickencoupe1

Did it rain under the storm?

chickencoupe
11 years ago

30 mph winds upon us now and it's just creeping to us at about 10mph. Is it raining in Tulsa? Mannford? ANYWHERE??? (lol)

Oh please let it rain, let it rain, let it rain. We reached 106 today with 104 only twenty minutes ago. Knocked it down to 99 and decreasing. Yay!

bon

Comments (13)

• chickencoupe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I figured out how to read the stinkin radar lol It's bringing rain with it. The storm is moving slow. Maybe... maybe!!

• sancho_panza_ok
    11 years ago

The storm passed north of us here in Stillwater, so we only got sprinkling and a few moments of light rain. We really do need more than that.

• chickencoupe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

At least it's cooling things off.

• chickencoupe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sancho; When I go outside and look in your direction I see mean thunderclouds but it's all quiet and spittin' here and there. Must be drying up as it comes down.

• Adella Bedella
    11 years ago

We got .11 inches here. Better than nothing and it cooled us off.

• Julie717
    11 years ago

It's rained here in Sapulpa/Tulsa quite a bit, still raining lightly now. Started about two hours ago. A nice surprise for sure.

• molowry
    11 years ago

I saw lightening a few minutes ago here in OKC but no precipitation....yet?

• chickencoupe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mo, I'm so glad to hear you got legitimate and useful rain. I suppose the only real rain was seen under the eyes of the storm. All the rest just evaporated in the air, I suppose. We never got any rain despite hours of clouds. I could smell it in the air. I suppose that is better than nothing at all though the ground isn't any happier for it.

• scottokla
    11 years ago

About .7 here. None where my trees are though.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

Sorry it missed your trees Scott.

Glad those who got useful rain received it.

Did the OKC area have a heat burst or something? This morning the Mesonet was showing it about 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the state around 7 a.m? When I looked at it then, most of the state was in mid-70s, but OKC area was in mid-80s.

I'll link the current temp map, but if you're seeing it later in the morning than when I posted it, the temp difference may not exist at that time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Current Temperature Map

• Adella Bedella
    11 years ago

I think OKC may not have gotten the temperature drops after the storm like we did last night. That is why they are 10 degrees higher. We are predicted to be 109 this afternoon so we will catch back up.

• Okiedawn OK Zone 7
    11 years ago

I thought about that, but many other areas, like mine, that had no rain even close still dropped into the mid 70s. Maybe their concrete kept them so much hotter, but it seems odd.

109 is too hot. I hope y'all are able to stay as cool and comfortable as possible under the circumstances. Your heat index numbers probably will be really extreme.

We're only forecast to go to 106, but yesterday our forecast was 101 and we went to 107. I'm hoping we don't go 6 degrees higher than today's forecast, or we'll be roasting.

• MiaOKC
    11 years ago

No rain in NW OKC where I am. Last night maybe 8pm or so, we got clouds and a big cool wind blew in, and the temps dropped maybe 10-15 degrees, but not anywhere like the 20-25 degree drops I think N OK got. The clouds blew out within an hour or so and no rain. Didn't even smell rain, but for a minute there it looked promising.