Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fancyorchid

My Vit. B-1 (from Western States)

ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
10 years ago

Hi...Everybody...I have been finally home for a few weeks after being in the hospital for 2 1/2 months, for being hit by a pick-up truck on the pedestrian crosswalk, on the 3rd of February, anyway, I have reasons to REJOYCE !!!!!.My son kept watering, as needed, my Plumerias, Now I need to give them a boost and I was going to use my Vit. B-1, but after shaking the container a bit, I noticed the content had separated. Is there anything I can do to return it to it's normal state or is it hopeless ? Is there any other similar product anyone can suggest? I would really appreciate your help !!!
Annamaria

Comments (10)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

OMG!!! Welcome Home!!!

Im so glad to know you are feeling better and so sorry to hear of your accident. That's a long time to be in the hospital, so I'm sure you had a long recovery period. You are a lucky lady... Bless you!!!

If it looks like it has separated, I would water it and add more of the same mix. If they are doing well, don't try and hurt yourself by doing anything unnecessary. Just pack the mix in around the stem better and stake if needed. They are probably loose from being moved around. I would add mix, press and firm them up to get them stabilized and water with a light fertilizer and B-1 if it isn't included in the fertilizer... That should be fine. They are recovering from your absence too!!!

Please feel better and Im so glad to know you are alright, Take it easy!!

Glad you are home and gaining the strength needed to recover...

Xoxo

Take good care,

Laura

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Hi there! WOW, I'm so sorry that happened to you and great to hear you are back on the mend!

I don't know how to fix the separation of your current product but if you are looking for a similar product I would recommend SuperThrive. You can get it at any of the regular HD, Lowes, WalMart, etc. and it's fabulous! You could order online if you aren't up to going out too.

Best of luck to you in your recovery and glad to hear you can get back to your plumies! We look forward to updates!

10 years ago

Sheesh !

I misread your thread.. I guess I was so shocked about your accident !

Sorry, Annamaria.... Like Emily mentioned, super thrive will work, or look at the hydroponics stores. They carry B-1. Lol, Im so sorry about that!!!

Good luck and I hope you feel better....

Laura

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Laura and Emily for "coming to my help", I do have Superthrive on hand for my other houseplants and I started adding it to my watering schedule. Some of my Plumies are a bit slower at leafing than others(I have a small variety, 9, of different sizes). A couple of them had inflos on before I had my accident, should I leave them on or remove them?
    I'm 'watching' very closely my Kauka Wilder I started last year, a cutting ordered from Doug of Maui Gardens, I heard they are not the easiest to root. Well...excuse my rambling on, thank you again,
    Annamaria

• elucas101
    9 years ago

You're very welcome for the help - this is probably the most helpful forum ever and we are always excited to share in other's growing experience and plants!

Are the inflos spent / already done blooming? If so, I would remove them. I have a few plants where the inflo gets funky, almost like it is rotting if I leave it on, some are just fine.

Congrats on rooting Kauka Wilder, great job!!

Some of my plants are leafing out & some are still sleepy & slower to start. You should start seeing action soon if your weather is warm!!

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

Hey FancyO,
    Glad to see someone else representing the bay on here, hope things are going well!

As for the b1......there has been conflicting information whether b1 actually works or not, so take that into consideration.

Wiki on superthrive - The hormone 1-Naphthyl acetic acid (NAA) does not occur naturally. Under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), products containing NAA require registration with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as pesticides. The sale of Superthrive is prohibited in Oklahoma, Minnesota, and Oregon as an unregistered pesticide.........Organic gardeners be ware!

Personally, I kicked the superthrive bottle a couple years ago when I discovered the power of aloe, fulvic acid, & potassium silicate. I toss in a little coconut water also.

Get ready for the heat, it's gonna be in the 90's next week! ;)

Good luck,
    Jason

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

Fancy,
    Wow.....I must have totally had a brain clot, I missed the whole 1st part of your post. Congrats, & were glad your still with us!

Jason

• ANNAMARIA VECCHIO
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm glad also that you are from the SF Bay Area, Jason and Yesssss.......after having a Head Trauma, two fractured knees(with a screw horizontally fixated thru the Right One)and a fractured Right clavicle with internal fixation...It really FEELS GOOD to be around the Living !!!!
    We could surely use some hot weather, my Plumies will be sooooo happy!!!! And.... I like the mixture(aloe,fulvic acid, potassium silicate and coconut water) you mentioned for boosting growth, would you send me the instructions on how to use it? Thanks a lot for your help,
    Annamaria

9 years ago

Bless you, Annamarie....

Have a wonderful weekend, and if you are a mom... " Happy Mothers Day!"

You are a strong woman... Glad you're feeling better!

Laura

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

Fancy, I follow the instructions on the labels. For the potassium silicate I use Agsil 16, & for fulvic acid I use full power. Both are top products. Agsil is like .7g / gal & full power is 1/4 teaspoon per gal I believe.

Aloe I get fresh from my yard. I'd start with a couple fresh fillets, scoop out the gel into a blender with some fresh water, & add to your bucket with your fulvics, potassium, & coconut water. I throw maybe a teaspoon or two of black strap molasses / 5g bucket to feed beneficial bacteria in the soil.
    I use these at almost every watering, kinda like a base mix.

You can add many things to this depending on the plants stage of growth & current needs.

Play around and see what you think.