Software
Houzz Logo Print
kokosrose

Johnny Becnel's Website

21 years ago

Calvin Boutte told me that they are in the process of building a website. It will have photos of all the roses they carry. Can't wait! Get out the checkbook.

Comments (18)

  • 21 years ago

    Be sure and give us the address just as soon as you find out what it is. This is great news!

  • 21 years ago

    How Maaaahh-velous!!! I am excited by this news.

  • 21 years ago

    Send me an e-mail and let me know when they have a web site up and running. Howard

  • 21 years ago

    are they up and running yet?

  • 21 years ago

    Is there a current phone number or fax number to use? Thanks for your help.

  • 21 years ago

    Try calling Calvin Boutte at ()337) 394-5662. That is the latest info I have.

    Thanks/John

  • 21 years ago

    The Nashville Rose Society every spring does a big buy from vendors.
    On their website (linked below) is a link to a list of roses on Fortuniana that may incorporates both J&M and Becnel/Boutte's lists. It's an extensive list that may give you a place to start as well as names and phone numbers of folks who may be able to help you.
    Ann

    Here is a link that might be useful: Nashville Rose Society

  • 21 years ago

    I spoke with Calvin this past week. He is just getting the website started... he is working slowing on getting original photos posted but you are welcome to check it out in its infancy

    Here is a link that might be useful: Johnny Becnel's Show Roses

  • 21 years ago

    Bravo Calvin! So far, SO BEAUTIFUL!

    We LOVE all of our JB roses, they are doing very, very well in their new raised beds.

    Johnny is smiling - no doubt. :~)

  • 21 years ago

    I have never bought from them. Are they good? I purchased some fortuniana J&P roses from merrygro.com this week and liked them a lot. They were much less expensive then what I saw on JB site but you never know. Please let me know your experience.

  • 21 years ago

    I've been buying from Becnel for years. Top quality roses budded on fortuniana. If you can grow fortuniana roses, this is a good spot to start.

  • 21 years ago

    Thanks for the info. I'll consider trying them. Merry Gro is right in your back yard aren't they. What success have you had with their product. J&P could have worked with a lot of different companies and picked Merry Gro in Florida. I'm envious although online puchasing sure made getting the roses easy.

  • 21 years ago

    Well how about that. Where have I been and not knew they got a website up. That looks so GOOD. What would Johnny had thought of this. Bet he is beaming from...one wing to the other. Somebody been doing some work. Those pictures are really doing a job on these eyes and I really do not think that I need to see that sort of eye candy. I am about done in with all these roses and really going to go slower.....

    Calvin was at our club last month. I waited and waited for March. Never would I had missed hearing Calvin. NEVER! I do not even know where March went and it just passed me by till the late middle that I froze in spot when it dawned on me....I honestly lost March. Heard everybody took notes and they are still talking Calvin last night! I was just sick! Maybe Calvin should email me his written notes. It was not right me not being there.
    I live just too far from everyone. I sure hope this sight does not become dangerous for me. Them pictures are pretty. Those others need to say blank. Bad for a rose addict. Very bad. But too good.

  • 19 years ago

    I was going to browse Calvin's roses this evening.... and the Johnny Becnel Show Roses website is down! Or did the web address change?

  • 19 years ago

    I just checked my listing and it worked. Below is the address I used:

    Here is a link that might be useful: Becnel

  • 19 years ago

    Calvin has new site up and running. You can see it at johnnybecnelroses.com Visit site and post what you think.

    Here is a link that might be useful: johnnybecnelroses

  • 11 years ago

    The links don't come up.

  • 11 years ago

    They've been gone for a few years. K$M Roses, Cool Roses and Nelsons FL Roses are the only nurseries that I know that carry roses on fortuniana root stock.


Sponsored