Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tel9

Need some help

tel9
17 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. I joined the forum because I need some help. I got a mini rose plant as a housewarming gift back in Dec. At first the little guy was doing well. Then things went down hill. The bubs and leaves started to turn brown. I tried pruning off the dead buds and leaves with cutting to the near green spot. But I am not sure what else i can do to save the little guy? A seprate stem has turn completely brown. Furthemore I received a another mini rose from posener gardens and it is doing well. But I dont want this one to suffer the same fate. Any tips?

I tried pasting pictures of the rose but the i cant do it.

Thanks in advance

Comments (2)

• laura1
    17 years ago

You are in zone 3 perhaps? Are you growing these guys inside? It is very difficult to grow roses inside because of lack of light. Also, there is a tendency to over water and the roots get a fungus and stop functioning. Underwatering will produce the same results. In addition there are no preditors inside and spidermites are sure to find you. Look with a magnifing glass and you will see them and their webbing. Spray with a strong jet of water every other day for a week or so.
    Some of the roses that are marketed at the grocery store and some florists(?) are meant to be enjoyed and then tossed out. A lot of people do continue to grow them but they are not as hardy as "perennial" roses.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    17 years ago

Laura1 gives very good information. Here is an older thread, How to save a potted gift rose that may give additional information. I too suspect watering issues and not enough light. Good luck.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio