Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
george_mander

US introduction, Mini-Flora Ingrid with Glowing Amber colours

george_mander
18 years ago

In the last two months I have kept many exhibitors in suspense, who had asked me,

"Who is the US nursery introducing the NEW Mini-Flora 'Ingrid' "?

Before announcing that Nor'East Miniature Roses in California is introducing the 'Ingrid' rose in 2006 I wanted to make sure that my stock plants and other propagating material had been sent to Nor'East.

I am working on a special gallery for just the 'Ingrid' rose with about 20 images. This gallery will also incorporate my story : "Introducing Ingrid" published in the Nov. 2005 issue of ROSES-CANADA.

Here an ÂExcerpt from that story by permission of "ROSES CANADA"

INTRODUCING ÂINGRIDÂ by George Mander

Imagine you are looking at ÂGlowing Amber  my miniature rose with tiny petals that are yellow at the base and blend into hot red as they reach upward. Now imagine magnifying it a notch to a mini-flora or patio size. I now have such a rose. From the time it germinated in 2000, I have called it my big ÂGlowing AmberÂ. But I registered it this June with IRAR, and now I call it ÂIngrid after my wife.

ÂIngrid came from a cross of ÂHot Tamale with ÂRubies Ân PearlsÂ. I am sure it inherited its bi-colour from ÂRubies Ân Pearls just as ÂGlowing Amber did. ......................

Please check back in Dec. 05 for the new gallery page on my web-site "Roses of Excellence" at http://www3.telus.net/georgemander/

You can also find a number of images at HMF Roses 'Ingrid' page, plus breeders comments and other information. Link to HelpMeFind Roses below.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Ingrid' rose at HMF Roses

Comments (5)

Sponsored