Software
Houzz Logo Print
silver_wlf

Rooting Cuttings...

20 years ago

Hi!

We just moved into our house and last year and I kinda let everything come up. This year I've had a more "involved" hand in everything. This week I noticed that there were roses coming up in the front gardens so I thought I could dig them up and move them. (I know very little about roses. My mom never had them growing up.)

They're suckers from what I've read. (They have white "bottoms" and no roots.) The original plant is no longer in those gardens. (But by the colour of the stem I'm hoping that they're from a rose that's in the front garden that I LOVE ... *crossing fingers*)

I dug up 6 and put them in soggy soil in pots in the shade of my apple tree. (I had no idea what to do and I've read a ton of posts - I wasn't sure if you handle them the same way as cuttings...)

Is this acceptable or do they need to be somewhere warm? (It's between 15-18C here during the day and 6-10C at night.)

Should I trim them at all? (They're about 12-15" high.) They're looking a little "wilty" at the tops.

I'm sorry if I'm asking already answered questions... The FAQ didn't seem to answer all of my questions.

Thanks so much!

Stef

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative Custom Closet Designer Servicing Franklin County