Software
Houzz Logo Print
spage1_gw

Lime to roses question

20 years ago

I have 6 trailing roses (cant remember the name right now) planted this spring along the top of a retaining wall. They have little tiny red blooms in clusters. Our property slopes to the retaining wall and has ?grass in the area directly above the wall. Anyway, we hired a lawn service to help get rid of the weeds and get the lawn ready for fall seeding and what have you. He was out about 3 weeks ago and sprayed our lawn. I noticed 2 days ago the rose bushes beginning to turn brown. I also have noticed some of the daylillies turning brown like they had been sprayed with roundup. I know that didnt happen. My husband says the lawn guy put out lime, will this cause my roses to brown and die? I spent a lot on these roses and they were just beginning to take off and spread down the wall. I did put Mills Magic Mix to them about the same time but I didnt put it to the daylillies. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.