cpeters_gw

Urban Garden show in Chicago

CPeters
18 years ago

This looks to be really good!

Comments (7)

• pitimpinai
    18 years ago

How cool is that! I'll have to go take a look maybe during my lunch break or take a half day off work!

Thank you for posting.

• wolfe15136
    18 years ago

Gosh I wish Chicago were closer!

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

How cool is that?

I have to make sure to go and take some pics. Thanks for posting the info.

• pitimpinai
    18 years ago

mrbrownthumb, wanna date? LOL.
    I have made an arrangement to take Monday afternoon off, meet another GW friend for lunch, then we'll wander there. I plan to take my camera and take a lot of pictures. That's going to be so cool. I have never wanted to go to the main garden show at Navy Pier. This will likely be more my cup of tea.

See you there. :-)

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

pitimpinai,

Sure :) I didn't go to the flower show because I was too lazy to get up and out, but this I will do since it's in the park. Maybe we can make it a GW get together. I'm going to post in the houseplant area I know there are a couple of "locals" there too.

• mrbrownthumb
    18 years ago

That link is no longer active. But you can check out the show's website

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden In A City

• containergirl
    17 years ago

New to this forum and just found this link.

I went to this show with my mom and it was fantastic. The problem was that the weather that week was horrendous! 50 degrees at best, and rainy the whole time. Attendance was pitiful. I felt so bad for the vendors. But I got lots of ideas for my deck. I really hope they didn't get scared off from doing it again since it really was great. The promotional poster of the railing planter with the Sears Tower in the background is just what my deck looks like!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio