Software
Houzz Logo Print
judithw_gw

Mid-Tenn Spring Swap?

20 years ago

When is is?

Yeah, I'm forgetful!!!

Comments (11)

  • 20 years ago

    Judith it is the Sat. before Memorial weekend...May 20th

    Hope to see everyone then.

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    Gotta speaker lined up yet?

    Where is the swap nazi????

    Rebecca

  • 20 years ago

    Rebecca, Marty is going to speak again, on native plants.

    She is so interesting and smart...she has more knowledge in her little finger than I'll will ever have in my whole life. I really enjoyed her talk last fall on propogating.

  • 20 years ago

    I just got word from Jeff that he is unable to log on to GardenWeb at this time, but is able to read the posts.

    Thanks, Jan, for the speaker update. And I just removed Marty from the website the other day!,LOL! I'll put your mug back up, Marty. Glad I will get to hear you speak this time, if the Lord is willin' and the creek don't rise!

    Rebecca

  • 20 years ago

    Speaking of which, "native plants" is a humongous category. Unless everybody's up for a multi-day seminar, it might be wise to narrow it down to a subset like trees, or shrubs, or grasses, or vines, or perennials, or spring ephemerals, or ferns, or [fill in the blank]. I can yammer on about any of 'em, so maybe you folks can guide me toward what you'd most like to hear about. Note that we could combine trees and shrubs into a category called "woody plants" and so forth. Or we could lood at the topic from a cultural standpoint, so I'd talk about something like "native plants for dry shade" for example.

    These are just top-of-the-head suggestions -- don't anybody feel limited to what I've listed. I'm just looking for a focus for the talk to make it more useful and practical for you guys.

    I've transplanted over 1400 baby azaleas in the last week. :)

    Marty

  • 20 years ago

    Marty, I've got you back on the website now. If anyone needs a refresher on what to bring or how to get there, I have posted the link below.

    Wow, I can't believe we are talking about spring swappin already! I am still waiting for winter to start!

    Rebecca

    Here is a link that might be useful: Middle TN Plant Swap

  • 20 years ago

    Uh oh..is this not for the East TN swap meet? If so, I am hoping to be there also....I am not sure what I will have to trade yet. I do have lot's of seed's started (ws & non heated gh) and some cuttings rooting..LOL I am excited!!! As for as my want list...omg!! As a newbie..I am wanting everything from A-Z!! LOL I will try and narrow it down though...I can't wait to meet everyone that has been so gracious and helpful....Are we needing to bring a covered dish or how does that work? LOL

    Sondra

  • 20 years ago

    Marty, why don't you just pick a category and speak on it...then another time you can pick another one.

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    I'm back!
    Not that it's a revelation to anyone... but I'm a total idiot. I kept trying to logon using upper case. Duh!

    Marty, most everyone I know has some part of the yard that is in shade and most of us just stick a bunch of Hosta in the beds but the grass in our yards suffer too. I'd love to hear you hit the shade varmint for beds and grass. Just a thought.

    I would like to hear what everyone else thinks a good topic would be as well.
    I may be the Swap Nazi but I'm not a dictator.

  • 20 years ago

    I vote for dry shade, too, since the only thing I've found that will grow there is Vinca major, and I'm getting REALLY tired of it...

  • 20 years ago

    Msbatt, as far as the Vinca is concerned...dig it up and bring it to the MTPS!

    FOR ANYONE WANTING INFO ON THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE PLANT SWAP, PLEASE EMAIL ME AT JTOOTHMANINDADJ@COMCAST.NET OR VISIT OUR SITE AT MIDTNPLANTSWAP.COM

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting