Software
Houzz Logo Print
hermitonthehill

pre-MTPS listing effort

19 years ago

http://members2.gardenweb.com/members/exch/hermitonthehill/

I hope that's the correct url - I finally got my semi-complete list put up pre-MTPS incase there is anything anyone might be looking for prior to that flesh-meet. The bulk of my seeds will be sown in the next month or two - some of you may be looking for some of these things in plant form rather than seeds or vice versa. If you all see anything that you think would be prudent to bring to the swap, please let me know so I can plan ahead. Thanks a bunch!

Comments (5)

  • 19 years ago

    Wow! That is some list. I look forward to meeting you and hopefully doing some trades with you at the MTPS. I have musa basjoo that I am sure will need pups removed if you are interested.

    Ann (farmerbell)

  • 19 years ago

    Yep, I'd definitely be interested in your Musa! My first one was a gift from a friend - she ordered it for me for xmas, but the company shipped it to the wrong address, then it got sent to her new address, and then she got it to me. Suffice to say, when it arrived, it wasn't looking good. I'm babying it now but I'm afraid it is going to end up written off as a complete loss (softening/rotting has begun from the top of the stalk, working its way down and no sign of even one leaf growing anew... :( very bummed out)

    Is there anything in particular that caught your eye on my list? If so, let me know - and also let me know if you prefer seeds or started plants as that will dictate what gets a priority in being started prior to MTPS indoors - or I can at least let you know if it something I direct sow outdoors and would likely only have available in seed form since I don't usually uproot newly started plants from in-ground planting.

    I really need to work on my "wish list" - I'm always seeing stuff I'm interested in, but usually forget to write those things down unless I am uber-intent on getting it. Organized fairly well with what I have, disorganized with what I want LOL

  • 19 years ago

    I'm interested in your Catananche, especially if it's caerulea rather than alba, your variegated shoo-fly, Aconitium, Atropa, and pomegranates. Which named brugs do you grow? I have several varieties, and am always looking for one ones.

  • 19 years ago

    I'm currently working through the smaller pots of Brugs that got hit with the cold, to discern if they are all dead or not (and if they are, I have to start over).. I have some live cuttings that are just now rooting but nowhere near close enough to get cuttings off of to trade out just yet. The ones I know for sure that are alive (because they were moved in after the first frost since they were in the larger pots and I wanted to fit them in while the space was available) are:
    Ollie
    Isabella
    Valley Peach
    Rosa Traum
    Dr. Seuss
    B. suaveolens 'White'
    Texas Pink/Big Pink (I can get one cutting from this one now for sure, but it's spoken for already - will see if it gets enough growth on it for more cuttings between now and warmer weather)
    I think I for-sure lost my Halo Peach - a real buzzkill.

    Went and did a double-check in order to make the correction and update on my seed list... the CupidÂs Dart is Alba  Catanache caerulea 'alba' (ivory petals, purple centers) sorry :/

    The True Monkshood (Aconitum napellus) and the Atropa species are all "finicky", figured I'd forewarn you, as getting them to germinate can be a true test of patience (and frustration!). The pomegranate seeds are easy when they are fresh. I'm not sure after they've been dried and stored. I'm still sitting on a fruit for my next round and for trading - putting off collecting the seeds out of it as long as possible since I already have an entire tray of seedlings. They did seem to relish bottom heat - they sprouted for me in 4-5 days...

    I will hopefully have more Brugs to choose from come Fall... love my Brugs. I usually trade or get cuttings for postage with other Brug fanciers, but I select based upon traits I am looking for for hybridizing/crossing purposes. I had Butterfly, Halo Peach, etc. but everything was all downhill when we got first an early frost and then fluke freezes in 2006. Really took the wind out of my sails.

  • 19 years ago

    Somehow I missed a live Brug on that list, not sure how since it's so blatant - but Jean Pasko is also amongst the living. :)

Sponsored