My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
I didn't lift my Dahalias or my Glads last fall. Do you think they are doomed? Should I buy new or do I have any chance they will come up this year? They did so well last summer, I was amazed.
As long as they were planted at the proper depth to begin with, they should be just fine. Any mulch, leaf fall, etc. that might have been added by you or allowed to remain from the Nature of things, would be added insulation. I don't have Dahlias (geesh, that spelling looks wonky!) here, but I do have Glads and they've always done just fine for me in respect to returning. You might consider carefully digging and lifting them though - on a warm day - to inspect them and divide if there's anything there ready to be divided (not sure how mature they are or how long you've had them). If you do decide to dig/lift them - as long as they aren't mush or unidentifiable from other organic matter in the ground, and are more or less firm - they should be fine. Wouldn't hurt to lift them and if found to be healthy, to cultivate their sites a bit, turn the soil some, & add some bone meal when re-planting them, or any other soil amendments that you find worthwhile at the time (notably if the soil has become very compact).
hermitonthehill
greenish_thumb
Related Professionals
Fort Worth Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · San Marcos Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Fredericksburg Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Newburyport Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Manchester Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Las Cruces Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Missoula Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Portland Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Providence Landscape Contractors · Kenosha Landscape Contractors · Glenwood Springs Landscape Contractors · Montréal Landscape Contractors · Tampa Home Additions · Waco Home Additions · Manchester Home Additionsragdollblue7Original Author