Software
Houzz Logo Print
jan_hobbs_gw

Storm roll call

20 years ago

How'd everyone fare with the storm last night? Everyone OK? At 12:30 AM the back door blew open and stuff from the back porch blew into the house and canoe brochures we were putting labels on, on the kitchen table blew around the house before I could get the back door and the window closed. Lots of limbs down in the yard. Thank the Lord no one hurt.

How is everyone else?

Comments (7)

  • 20 years ago

    Ok here. There was some serious wind but luckily a lot of it is blocked off by the surrounding trees. None of which are close to the house, thank goodness. Didn't see much damage on my way in this morning either.

    Did catch some lightnign last night though....

  • 20 years ago

    We're fine. No damage at all. Our prayers go out to the folks in Dyersburg and the other places where lives were lost though. I reckon we were awful lucky around here.

  • 20 years ago

    We dodged a bullet here in Franklin. Hope everybody else is ok out there!

  • 20 years ago

    No damage, thank heaven. But man, I'm sleepy. The lightning was ferocious, and the thunder kept us up until about 1:30 AM.

    Horrible what happened to those communities in W TN. My heart goes out to them. Tornadoes at night are the worst, I think. You can't see them coming. When I was a kid in OK one came through our place one night between the house and the barn, which were maybe 100 yards apart. The house was untouched but it picked the barn up off its foundations and plopped it down in a wheat field down the road. Fortunately we were in an underground storm cellar at the time. The noise of a tornado is something you never forget.

    Marty

  • 20 years ago

    I am only 20 miles from Dyersburg. It is a very sad situation. We have a police scanner and it was heart wrenching to hear the officers and firemen in tears as they found more and more D.O.A. then a long silence after each.

    We had homes damaged here by the storm itself. Hail damage was extreme, but Thankfully, no lives lost in our county, although many with close ties to Dyer County. We had hail in our yard that was baseball size. I have digital pictures of the hail and will post them on this roll call tomorrow. A fellow teacher had one today in the freezer that was actually bigger than a softball!! I still feel that the damage here was nothing compared to our neighbors. Please continue to be in prayer for those families.

    I will post more as news comes in, if you would like.
    Lori

  • 20 years ago

    Lori please keep us posted about the news there in W. TN we are all paying for those families who lost loved ones and who had damage to their homes.

  • 20 years ago

    I am just exhausted, the storm had my 4 and 7 year olds crying until 5:30 this morning(Monday morning) I then crashed in a long nap, and now I am up again in the middle of the night. I am so thankful we are safe. My prayers go out to those of you who were hurt or damaged by storms.

Sponsored