Software
Houzz Logo Print
mlwgardener

Non Gardening Post Update

20 years ago

Hello my dear friends,

Your prayers and well wishes have been answered. Jean has improved so swiftly that even the Doctor said he was totally surprised at her recovery. She has regained use of her right hand and arm with still a little coordination problems. She walked to the bathroom last night when I was there with very little support from me, extremely slow, but walk she did.

Her speech is the biggest problem at this time, this causes her the most agravation. The thoughts are there, the words just will not come out and when she tried to say them they are not the wrong words, just not words at all. If she can reuse the words that she has recently said, it's ok, but if I change the sugject and she has to say new words, this is when she gets lost. I'm very hopeful that she will regain her speech, or most of it anyway while she is in Therapy the next two weeks. They moved her from the hospital setting to the PT,OT, ST Therapy floor today where she will be 2 wks or maybe longer. If she keeps improving, it could be shorter than that.

I still covet your prayers and thoughts. Not only did it help Jean this last week. It helped me so much. Since Christmas of last year, I've only left the house on Sundays to go to Church or the Doctor. I've managed to drive to town 6 days this last week to be with Jean and I did it without the normal stress this causes me and my Fibromyalgia has been really bad while home, but it seemed to be better when I went to see her. Amazing how God works for my good.

Thank you again and I'm filled with humble gratitude for all you've done. May God bless each and everyone of you this beautiful day with his loving Grace, Mona

Comments (8)

  • 20 years ago

    Wonderful, Mona!!!! God is still in the miracle business, and He does still answer prayers.

    Thanks for letting us know.

    (((Huggs))))

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    Cool! All of ya'll just need to be patient and everything will work out in time. It's a slow process with the speech. Lavonne and I are very happy to hear the great news though!!! You are always in our prayers gal.

    Much love to you and the family,
    Jeff

  • 20 years ago

    I periodically check this forum, but I am mostly a lurker.

    I saw your earlier post about this situation. I am glad things are looking up, and it will get better you just have to stay with it. It is sometimes slow, but it is just amazing how the body can heal itself especially with help from above!).

  • 20 years ago

    Still keeping you and your family in our prayers Mona.

  • 20 years ago

    She has reached a point now where the drs are saying there will be little improvement. She does have use of her arm,hand and leg but her mind is really hurt. The left lobe of her brian is basically dead. She's lost 75% of her speech, most all reasoning. The reasoning includes what would hurt her, be good for her, and all in between. This creates a very bad safety issue which means she can never be left alone again.
    Thanks you so much for all your prayers and well wishes. Each of them has been felt and a blessing.

    Please pray for us to allow God to tell us what his will is and for us to follow this. It's so hard. She's such a wonderful lady.

    May God bless each and everyone of you with his loving Grace this absolutely beautiful Spring day, Mona

  • 20 years ago

    Mona you have mail.

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    I am sure this is very discouraging news to you, but she may still continue to improve. It is difficult to know exactly what to do, especially since you care so much for her. Ican't imagine the feelings if it was my mother we were talking about. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

  • 20 years ago

    Oh, that's just got to be SO hard for everyone involved. I think things that effect the mind must be the most difficult to deal with -- both for the patient and those who love him or her. I feel for you and her.

    Hang in there. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, and never give up hope!

Sponsored
AIS Renovations
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County, Ohio