Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (17)

  • 20 years ago

    My favorite -- Batik. About 20 blooming right now :-)

    Claudia

  • 20 years ago

    Wowsers! what some pretty flowers. Is that a dogwood tree. I looked on your webpage, is it Donna, and saw the one named Beguine (I think that is right). The batik one is gorgeous also. I'm think I might get to be an iris addict as well.

    Katie

  • 20 years ago

    Katie,
    I'm surrounded by dogwoods and I love it.

  • 20 years ago

    Iris are beautiful things. My only complaint is they don't last long enough. I want somebody to breed an iris that stays in bloom for a coupla months at least!

  • 20 years ago

    Batik is a beauty, Claudia. I thought there would be so many beautiful iris on this post since iris is the Tennessee state flower.

  • 20 years ago

    My iris havn't bloomed yet, but when they do I'll post pictures :o)

  • 20 years ago

    How 'bout a close-up of the common Japanese iris.
    {{gwi:1279851}}

  • 20 years ago

    A single Beverly Sills Iris under link

    Here is a link that might be useful:

  • 20 years ago

    MNNATURE - truly remarkable scene. Love this show of Iris.

    I couldn't upload here so I threw a few of last years iris up on a web page, down & dirty. My favorite photo is the deep dark blue iris where an unexpected foxglove grew up with it. Have this years iris (so far) still on camera disc. Looking forward to the next waves of blooms - everything is happening so quickly at ourplace now that I can't quit simply staring at all the new blooms and spring green leaves.

    Here is a link that might be useful: Show Me Iris and Such from 2005

  • 20 years ago

    Wow!! I'll bet the show at your place is breathtaking!!
    Do you plant to bring any iris to the plant swap?? I'm just drooling over them!
    Marianne

  • 20 years ago

    I love iris--they remind me of orchids. I too wish that they bloomed longer.

  • 20 years ago

    Those are beautiful, farmerbell. I like the combo with phlox. I have some Phlox divaricata I can put near my iris.

  • 20 years ago

    Thanks mnature. Actually the lavender flower is dame's rocket, a biennial that is stunning in the spring with other pastel-bloomers like sweet williams and peonies. Dame's rocket will reseed abundantly unless one pulls up the plants after bloom, leaving only a very few to set seed.

    Ann

  • 20 years ago

    I love things that reseed. I think this past fall, I used too much leaf mulch which resulted in not as much reseeding as I would like. Some things need light to germinate.

  • 20 years ago

    I've wanted to post this thread for a week but I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting. We have one that's getting ready to bloom for the very first time. It's been toying with us for over a week now and my patience is running thin. I've never had an Iris that took so long to bloom after the bud started to pop. When it does though, I'll post a pic that's gonna knock your socks off!

  • 20 years ago

    For me, part of the neauty of iris is that they only bloom a short time (other than the Fall rebloomers). You can lengthen the period by including some SDB's (standard dwarf bearded) that bloom a few weeks before the tall beardeds.

    Neil

  • 20 years ago

    My grandmother is letting me dig up iris this weekend, she needs them moved because they are every where and the one's in complete shade did not bloom, I won't have room for all of them but am willing to bring to plant swap if you don't mind not knowing what they are.......????? Or what color. Including some siberians.
    Martha

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio