Software
Houzz Logo Print
janinca_gw

Crossville Garden Show

21 years ago

Went to the Garden Show at the Fairgrounds in Crossville yesterday. Even with a very cold, windy day, it was a very busy show, and much larger then I had expected. It's given by the Cumberland County Master Gardners, and this was the 3rd year (I think). There were about 50 booths, in two buildings and outdoors, and they had some good seminars. The one I attended was given by Bob Washburn of Wolf River Growers in Pall Mall, and was about "Cast Iron Plants for the Cumberland Plateau". He's a very good speaker and I learned a lot that was really helpful to someone new to Tennessee, including why I really shouldn't have planted those tomatoes and peppers already. It seems that the last frost date for Fentress County (where I live) is May 10!

If you get a chance to go next year, I would recommend it.

Jan

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio