Software
Houzz Logo Print
jan_hobbs_gw

We're in the Tennessean

20 years ago

Hey everyone...if you don't get the Tennessean, you can get it online...Tennessean.com then go to the section on "Living" and see Jeff's sweet face :)

I've already had 1 call about it this morning...a sweet old lady wanting some of Jeff's castor beans. But she couldn't come to the swap.

SEE YOU AT THE RIVER NEXT SATURDAY!!!!

Jan

Comments (10)

  • 20 years ago

    What a neat article! Jeff you done good. I was expecting your swap nazi pic though.

    Rebecca

  • 20 years ago

    But Rebecca...you have to have a before picture. That way the after picture is just so much more effective.

    I'll make sure Mary has access to that one....

  • 20 years ago

    Great article and publicity, Jeff. I loved the crinums in the picture with you. Are you swapping any of these? I have one I got at a nursery in Columbia, which is supposed to be white. I won't be at the swap because I have some vision loss and can't drive that far, plus I am terrified that I would want to bring plants back home--I am totally out of room for any more. Have fun, everyone. I know you will enjoy Marty.

  • 20 years ago

    Great job Jeff. Real proud of you. How much trouble was it to
    keep the tongue in proper place?
    Norm

  • 20 years ago

    Excellent article! Be sure and take a copy to the swap so that everyone can see it.

  • 20 years ago

    Another thing, click on the writer "Ms. Cheap" in order to find the article. Name of the article is "Plant Swap helps to Beautify Yards".

  • 20 years ago

    Oh Please!!! I've gotten so much grief from friends and church it's unreal. I have several new nicknames now. The article would have been greatly improved without my picture and my quotes. Other than that I was happy with it.

    I'll have some crinums but not the red ones, I think they are white with a pink stripe.

  • 20 years ago

    I should have some of the red ones ready for the Fall MTPS. If I had enough of those to give one to everybody that has asked for one this week then my yard would have to be full of nothing except red Crinum.

    I got a call last night from one of my "best friends" detailing, according to the picture, how much much my hairline is receeding. He said it's only a matter of time before I have to start doing a comb-over or else I'll have horseshoe hair. My roofer said that he's using my headshot to keep the birds, critters and varmints out of his garden. There seems to be no end in sight for the "Can I have your autograph", "Mister Swap King" or "Ooooh, Mister Celebrity" comments. What are friends for right?

    I hope that everyone enjoied the article but trust me, I NEVER uttered the phrase "Swap King"!!! I seriously doubt that I'll ever show that picture/article in public so if you missed it go to the Tennessean website but don't expect to see it at the Swap. Evidently my family in Farragut and Springfield haven't seen it so there is an upside.

    Bec & Norman: She just didn't print all the photos they took of me sticking out my tounge out at them.

  • 20 years ago

    Hey Jeff,
    What do you mean don't expect to see the article at the swap ????? I have my copy all ready for a prime spot on my table ----- and I'm hoping for an autograph to go on it to boot !!!
    Marianne
    PS after all what are friends for ??

  • 20 years ago

    Help! We live in Hohenwald, TN, husband works in Columbia and someone shared the Tennessean article with him and we are so excited! We have lived here 10 years and have never heard about this before. Talked to lots of folks here today and neither have they. We can't figure out where exactly this is going to be held. We live on highway 20 between the Nachez Trace and Hohenwald. Can someone give us directions to get there. Have the mac and cheese and cookies ready to go and a few items from the yard, just need directions. Thanks!

Sponsored