Software
Houzz Logo Print
bluetruck99

E.T. Plant Swap was awesome!

21 years ago

Some people at the E.T. Swap didnt seem familiar with my postings so i thought i'd start a new thread. the ET Swap was awesome in spite of the rain. i got rid of about 50 1 gallon perennials [my mom will kill me if she knew i gave them away without lettign her pick through them first] and picked up a few things. i also met some really cool people. (if you not sure who i am, i was the guy in the grey jacket whos plants were sitting next to Lucas's (thedaylilykid)) it was really fun to meet all of you in real life and if you are ever in the FAR west knox area. stop by saplings garden center on kingston pike (near lovel road). i work about 60 hrs a week there so chances are i'll be there. you may have to remind me who you are. well thank you all for a good time. i hope to come again next year- but im not sitting next to lucas, he is so popular he makes me feel bad :) enjoy all the free plants and i hope to continue talking to many of you. ~Ryan

Comments (12)

  • 21 years ago

    I want to really thank everyone also. I can't believe Ryan beat me to it (-: That was an awesome swap meet. I even got some plants that I had no idea existed before. Everyone was so friendly and generous! There are some really super people on here. I can't wait for next year!

  • 21 years ago

    I had a super time. That parking lot was packed. I think we counted over 50 folks didn't we ? The Garden Girls, I know had a blast. It was such fun watching all the gardeners trading, and when it rained, did that stop them ? Nope, out in their wet straw hats and umbrellas they went, trading like crazy. I think our farthest traveler was Marianne. Ryan and Lucas were a blast. And you know I happen to think you both are awesome, and my daughter thinks you're both cute !! LOL. Everyone was so nice. Thank you Cheryl for working so hard to sign everyone in. Thank you everyone for the wonderful plants I brought home. It's been suggested that we do a fall swap...we'll see, but if it keeps growing we'll have to find a bigger place ( hopefully with shade trees) to hold it in.

    Cheryl

  • 21 years ago

    Ryan,

    I may have to stop by and see at Saplings sometime. I work just off of Lovell road on Dutchtown, so were not too far from each other most of the day. Really enjoyed finally meeting you guys. Its always great to get together with old friends and meet new ones, which I did today.

    See some of you guys at the river next week!

    Doug,
    I3

  • 21 years ago

    Thanks so much to Cheryl for organizing our 2nd annual plant swap! We did get "a little" rain, but, it did not dampen anyones spirits. Cheryl, I know this took alot of work, and worry, but everything turned out PERFECT! I want you to know how much appreciated you are for your efforts.
    East Tennessee gardeners ROCK! I came home with a cool hypertuffata (sp) pot, a beautiful painted gourd, some new plants, sheep manure help the new plants grow AND wonderful memories of the second annual swap. Laura, your cookies were awesome too!!

    Many, many thanks and a huge round of applause for Cheryl for bringing us all together!!

    Mel

  • 21 years ago

    Well, I am disappointed!!! I had all the intentions of bringing home less that we took! Well that just did not work out. :) Now we have to find places for everything! LOL! And, I know it's gonna happen again next week at the swap.

    It was great putting faces with the names that I have conversed with here. Cheryl honey, you did it again! Awesome!

  • 21 years ago

    Rebecca I did notice a nice little nest egg of plants building at your table lol

    Cheryl

  • 21 years ago

    Ryan are we going to have to come up there and nab you and Lucas to get you to the Middle Tennessee Swap? Lucas has been stiffing us now for about four years and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't your truck start bumping about two years ago on GardenWeb?

    DUDE, IT'S A ROAD TRIP!!!

    Are you guys really in college?!!! It must be different now than it was in the 70's-80's. C'mon, get with the program. Don't you realize how much fun it is to not get any sleep, hit the road about 2:00 am, drive all morning, get lost a couple of times, blow in to your destination, have a wicked blast of a time, then turn around and head for home. And all you're out of pocket is the gas money. What a weekend...and the stories last a lifetime! Ya'll will be Eighty years old still laughing and reminissing about that first road trip to Hohenwald and the MTPS.
    You're killing me here.
    Arrrrrg,..... youth is wasted on the young!

  • 21 years ago

    the car did bump (until spike "sent me to disney" temoprarily) but i had to sell all of that car audio equip to buy the new truck. i really would love to come to the mid
    TN swap but i cant get off work for 2 weekends. (i know you guys know about how many people plant shop on the weekends!) maybe next year i'll attend both. but good luck to you and i look foward to seeing pics. ~Ryan
    PS: this is only the first year i have gotten out of it but i hear luscas is already past his 3 strikes :)

  • 21 years ago

    You could tell your boss that it is work related. You know, scouting out new cultivars...seeing what the public is interested in. It could really benefit the business and the customers!

    Rebecca

  • 21 years ago

    He's still fouling off pitches but one more whiff and he's going to the dugout. ;-)

  • 21 years ago

    Such harsh harsh words Jeff! This is my first post in awhile, but I've been lurking and readin! I really had a good time at the ETPS and plan to go again. Mid TN is just a long trip for me, but I want to go badly! I'm gonna shoot for next year! :)

  • 21 years ago

    Lucas we'd love to have you guys come. That's why I've been busting on ya for the last four years! I know that it's a long haul for you but I also know what a great time you would have if you came. Everyone would like to meet you too. Our house is always open if you need a place to crash.

Sponsored