Software
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny442

Greenhouse owners?

20 years ago

Hi, hope you all had fun at the plant swap. I'm the gal who is moving to East TN.

I wanted to know if any of you gardeners have a good-sized greenhouse, and if so, where you got it? It looks like Turners Greenhouses and ACF (?) are in NC, not too far away...

Thanks for any help!

susan

Comment (1)

  • 20 years ago

    Hi Honeybunny,

    Over the past year I've been researching greenhouses on the Internet for when I purchase one. And I have decided that Growing Spaces with their Geodesic Dome Greenhouses is who I will purchase from. These greenhouses are actually better for the American climates and will grow plants year round with little or no extra heating. They have the beeswax activated windows. (when the temperature rises, the beeswax melts and activates the opener.) The greenhouse has an in-ground water tank which is solar heated. Some folks have added koi and water plants to this.

    The original house shaped greenhouse designs that most folks have utilized thus far in America come from England with its maritime climate and different light intensity. And up until now, that was pretty much what's been available.

    People in the snowy west, mid-west and north are having awesome results with this dome type in the depths of winter.

    And these greenhouses are very easy to assemble. They also have staff who can come and help in whatever ways you need. Growing Spaces now has greenhouses in most states and several other countries now. Their sizes range from 12' to 51' diameters.

    The Growing Spaces website is PACKED with all kinds of information. There are plenty of pages of greenhouse owners who have sent in photos of their before, during and after assembly, with their garden beds and seating areas. Some folks create a sanctuary for themselves in there.

    AND Toyota is utilizing two of the 51' diameter greenhouses at their plant in Kentucky to turn waste products from their auto plant into useful compost. Then, the compost is used on the grounds of the Plant. Toyota plans to grow produce in them for their employees.

    I think you might find something to float your boat there. And if you purchase one of these, you'll be the first in the area with one, and we can all come over and see you! You can have an Open House Greenhouse warming, and receive the gift of plants!!!

    What a way to start your adventures in your new location!

    All the best,
    Devi

    Here is a link that might be useful: Growing Spaces Geodesic Dome Greenhouses

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County