Software
Houzz Logo Print
mlwgardener

I can bring these Sat.

21 years ago

Hello to all,

I'm getting my plants ready for Saturday and was wondering, does any need any of the following:

Privet

"Lacey Snowflake" white Iris

"Roundtable" Bright gold/brown Iris, very pretty

"Sultan's Palace" some say red Iris, I say very rich coffee

Yellow Flag Iris

Redish Brown LA Iris

Cuttings from a Wygelea that blooms pink, white, and dark pink

Cannas: "Tangelo" Dwarf orange

"Sunny Delight" Dwarf yellow

Please let me know, so I can try to make room for them. Love to you all, Mona

Comments (15)

  • 21 years ago

    I'd love any Irises and the wygelea sounds pretty. I love perennials.

    Katie

  • 21 years ago

    I would love any of those Iris . :o)

    Cheryl

  • 21 years ago

    Hey Mona,
    I would love to trade for some cannas.
    Hugs! Renee

  • 21 years ago

    Great,
    I'll get busy. The canna's are already in pots, so I'm just going to take them out, put them in paper sacks. I think they will take a lot less room this way. I'm doing the same to the Iris, they need to be dug, but they're easy. Now the La Iris are a little harder. They have roots to China!

    Ms Renee, I'm so thrilled about seeing you and Mom and mom's beau. Is this the same one that provided that huge rock last year? Why isn't Eric(is this right?) going to be Sat?

    Cheryl, are you going to stay and talk like last year?? I sure hope so.

    Now Katie, I don't know you, but I will before Sat is over, I hope we're not so busy that we don't get to visit. I'm supposed to be on break this year, but, being the glutton for punishment that I am, ya'll know I will help if needed.

    Jan just emailed me that she's got out of Jury Duty, so she will have a better week, Praise the Lord!!!

    Renee, hassell Jeff to tell you what time to be there. I plan to be really early so I can chat with everyone as they arrive. Maybe Jeff will explain what's going to happen with parking, just asap.

    I'm about as happy as a kid at Christmas, just can't wait. I just love seeing all the old friends and making many new ones. Love to all and may God bless each of you with his loving Grace, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    HI,Mona,

    I would love to trade for any iris if any are left! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

    Jenn

  • 21 years ago

    Well we're camping on Friday, and staying at Jeff and Lavonne's on Saturday so we won't be camping that night. Will you bet there on Friday ?

    Cheryl

  • 21 years ago

    You WERE joking about the privet, yes?

    I just gotta ask.

    -Regina

  • 21 years ago

    I wondered just how long it would take???hehe Yes, I will gladly bring anyone all the privet they want. Besides I did see someone on GW asking for privet, but I was beat to the response. Besides that, it makes a wonderful barrier and my yellow finches, purple finches, rofus sided tohee(sp?), jays, red birds, chickadees, nut hatches and the list just goes on and on, just love the stuff. Now, don't you want to attract all these pretty birds to your property??? I won't even charge you for it, I'll just cut my loses and give it to you.

  • 21 years ago

    I'm bringing tons of these lovely low-growing plants with beautiful yellow flowers that turn into pretty little white balls and they are self-seeding. Maybe Mona Lisa would consider a trade for some of that awesome Privit.

  • 21 years ago

    I would like some of the cannas and perhaps the Louisiana iris.

  • 21 years ago

    I'm gonna bring tons of Cannas. The only question is how many buckets do you want?

  • 21 years ago

    Hi Irisaddict
    If ever I was addicted to anything, it's Iris and Daylilies. I love these things. I'll put your name on a sack of the iris.

    Now for you Jeffery!
    If I had room for some of my "Privet" you would get a truck load!! As for as the beautiful low growing yellow flower with the fantastic little white fluff balls, If you would eat it daily, you wouldn't have so much to give away! For this, you get to stand in the middle of the road to direct traffic, no trading for you!!!
    But, I still love you, I love Lavonne mostest though. Take care and see you Sat. Love to you all, Mona

  • 21 years ago

    Hi Mona,
    I'd like any of the iris and both of the cannas. I can bring you iris for iris and either daylilies or cannas for your cannas. Just let me know. It will be good to see you and David
    again.

    Marianne

  • 21 years ago

    I have been to several different swaps that all worked different ways. How does this one work? Do you have to stay with your plants? Is it a one plant for one or do you just have a bunch of plants and people come by and take what they want?

  • 21 years ago

    irisaddict...you don't have to stay at your table. If someone wants something of yours, they approach you and you 2 make a deal with something that they have...and you have the right to decline a trade, too...after all they are your plants. If you want to give 5 plants for one of theirs, its your decision. If you want to give them away, that's your decision, too.

    Jan

Sponsored