Software
Houzz Logo Print
flossie_o

We are planning to move to Eastern Tn.

20 years ago

We are still looking for a house but have not decided on the exact town, does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments (8)

  • 20 years ago

    Flossie,

    What sort of things are important to you in a hometown? Cultural activities? Low taxes? Schools? Big town or small town? Job opportunities? etc., etc. This is information that will help people give suggestions ... there are so many wonderful communities here, each with something special to offer.

    ~S

  • 20 years ago

    We need good medical care, would appreciate lower taxes, trees with a view and a basement would be wonderful. We have spent extensive time in and around Cleveland and found it to be very nice. They seem to have a lot of events planned and seem to be quite nice. Are we on the right track?

  • 20 years ago

    Flossie,

    I've always liked Cleveland ... seems to be a really nice town with beautiful surroundings. Plus it's just outside of Chattanooga, so you'll have the benefits of a larger city close by (bigger hospitals, shopping, cultural events, fantastic aquarium!). Not sure what the taxes are there, as I live in the Knoxville area.

    Since Cleveland is between Knoxville and Chattanooga, you can check both the Knoxville Association of Realtors and Chattanooga Association of Realtors websites to do detailed searches for properties. You might already have this info, but here are the web addresses anyway:

    Knoxville MLS is: http://www.kaarmls.com

    Chattanooga MLS is: http://www.chattrealtors.com

    Happy house hunting, and welcome (in advance) to East Tennessee!

    ~S

  • 20 years ago

    Flossie, I think you'd love the Cleveland (Bradley County) area. I live just north of Cleveland in McMinn County. Would love to have you have you join us.

    dd

  • 20 years ago

    Farragut/Concord (far west knoxville) is sprawling right now. if you like upper-middle-class white people, this is THE area to be at. decent schools and lots of stuff going on. also an abundance of housing and job opertunities.

  • 20 years ago

    Cleveland seems nice, but personally I'm a big fan of mountains. If I had my absolute druthers, I think I'd move to Asheville NC or somewhere close by. But this whole end of the state is pretty great!

  • 20 years ago

    The most beautiful area of Tennessee, in my book is the foothills of the Smokies. Cocke County is gorgeous, and land is still affordable....go figure, at the base of the most beautiful range of mountains, in the United States, and still a good buy!!!!

  • 20 years ago

    I live in Corryton, which is a little north/east of Knoxville. I think this is a beautiful area, very much in the country and has House Moutain state park, so it has great views for the area. I also have a serious ill child and we are only 20 minutes to Children's, Fort Sander's or St. Mary's hospital and not much longer to UT hospital. Knoxville has the UT gardens, and several great gardening clubs. Good luck!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting