Software
Houzz Logo Print
rachelanne8

impatien help?

19 years ago

I have heard or read before to cut back impatiens if they get too tall -- that you will be glad later in the summer if you do. I've watched mine in one area grow bigger and bigger and bigger all summer, and just couldn't bare to cut them back -- they were just too pretty. But now -- with this weather -- they are very unhappy, even though I water thoroughly every morning. Should I cut them back now, even while they are already under the stress of this heat? And if so, how far back?

Other impatiens throughout my yard are also very stressed. Should I cut them back as well, even though they are not too leggy?

And on a side note -- my beautiful old fashioned petunias -- I'm losing about one a day. Is it the weather, even though I water each morning, or is there another common cause for a plant to be healthy one day and then shriveling away to nothing the next?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting