Software
Houzz Logo Print
anntn6b

2007: the year fire blight meets bradford pears

19 years ago

Five years ago I was asked what someone should do (in another state) because his son's 200 bradford pears that lined his driveway were getting black tips. So I read up on Fire Blight and told him to rent a bucket truck and cut at least nine inches below the fire blight. I doubt that they did anything.

From the way fire blight took out one of my real pears, I expect he may have a horrible problem, if the pears still are alive.

Now I see fire blight on a lot of bradford pears close to Knoxville. And I don't see people realizing there's a problem.

So our pears are more at risk because of the increased disease pressure we're going to have.

Darn.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus