My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Very nice! The shape of the plant is very pretty and "neat." How long do your flowers last? Do you cut them off after they wilt, or just let them fall off?
Do some Brugs not have a scent because mine sure don't? I just remember you saying yours had a scent that carried far.
How very beautiful! Mine started off with gusto this year and look pretty badly at this time. Went to Alabama last week and saw a yard that had a huge border of them..I just stopped and glazed over at the beauty of them..but I think yours are even prettier!! Great job!
Katie: Depending on the plant and how happy it is an individual bloom can last anywhere from 1-5 days on average. Generally, I pull the spent blooms out of the calyx and let it fall when it's ready to. That way if one happened to get fertilized it can produce a seed pod. So far I've only had one, but at least I know something is acting as a pollenator.
As for the smell they don't have any until after dark. Their natural pollenator is a night flying moth. I can usually start to smell mine (from a distance) just about dusk.
merriss: Sorry to hear your's are looking poorly. Are they in full sun? All of mine wilt pretty bad during the heat of the day but perk back up in the evening. Especially if I water them.
I have had more problems with spider mites outside this year than ever before. I usually only have to worry about them when the plants are inside over the winter. You might want to check the undersides of your leaves very closely. If they look kind of rusty...get some miticide or mix up a batch of alcohol-water-soap/sugar and spray every couple of days. And always spray the undersides of the leaves when you water. It helps keep a number of bugs knocked off.
Well, usually you can answer "my prayers" on Brugs..but I have done all of that.. I will keep on trying!! Thanks and God Bless.. What do you think of proForce...got it from Sams..had a Fungus in the mulch..did the spray thing and it worked..have you tried it..if you have not, you need to..from now on I will spray with it when I mulch each year..regardless!! A real cheapo thing,also..get it in the household cleaning dept/..(gee, hope I do not get another message from SPIKE..but this product works and it is cheap!!)
DirtDiggingLady
merriss
Related Professionals
Daytona Beach Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Orlando Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Waterbury Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Yuba City Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · California Landscape Contractors · Cumberland Landscape Contractors · Poplar Bluff Landscape Contractors · Beatrice Landscape Contractors · Jamestown Landscape Contractors · Sanford Landscape Contractors · Traverse City Home Additions · Utica Home Additions · Yuba City Home Additions · Provo Home Additions · Vernal Home AdditionstngreenthumbOriginal Author
merriss