Software
Houzz Logo Print
plants4chris

whitefly infestation... pls help!!!

19 years ago

My gardens, especially my vegtable garden, are infested with whiteflies. This is the second year I've had this problem. It's too the degree that if I reach to pick a squash or tomato I'm literally in a cloud. If I lift a leaf, the back is white with them.

I have been spraying rotenone, pyrethrin and NEEM. I have many traps (yellow solo cups coated with stp) hanging around. But I can't get a handle on it.

I am almost to the point of tearing out my vegtables before they contaminate all my ornamentals worse than they already are, and even worse, travel into the porch and infest my orchids and tropicals.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Is there a chemical that will kill them on my ornamentals? And anything that would work that is non-tox enough for food crops?

Any help would be appreciated!

Chris

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Columbus' Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting