Software
Houzz Logo Print
flowergardenlady

Middle Tennessee

20 years ago

I am rather a newbie on here but have done quite a few trades and was wondering if there is anyone from middle Tennessee on GW..i read that there is a plant swap in middle TN. every year...does anyone have any information on this? If you do let me know please, or just let me know if your from middle TN. too..

thanks...:)

Comments (10)

  • 20 years ago

    FLOWERGARDENLADY...you are in luck...the middle TN plant swap is Sat. Oct 21...you can get directions at www.buffalocanoeing.com . For more info email Jeff at jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net

    Hope to see you at the river...you will meet the nicest people on God's green earth at the swap...

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    Welcome! Is there a swap???

    Oh yeah...

    Spring 2005 - A more normal swap

    Spring 2006 - The Overload

  • 20 years ago

    Welcome. I recognize your GW name from the seed swap forum. Where do you live in Middle TN? If you have any questions about our weather, what grows here or general gardening questions, there are MANY knowledgeable gardeners on the TN forum who can help.

    Ann

  • 20 years ago

    We are also organizing an entirely new plant swap in the upper Middle TN area...Our group of plant lovers has decided to call it the Bloomin' Idiots' Plant Swap and it will be held the first weekend in November at Historic Rock Castle in Hendersonville, TN. The caretaker has assured us we will be in a covered pavillion with a roaring fire. All are welcome, so please come join us!! If anybody has any questions, comments, ideas, or would like to join in to get the ball rolling, please feel free to email me at swtposey@yahoo.com. And I'll also see you guys at the river in October!

    Here is a link that might be useful: The Rock Castle website

  • 20 years ago

    Hey Everyone,
    Sorry i haven't answered the post...i lost my dad to leukemia on the 25th of August...We had just found out he had it 3 weeks before he passed..it's been very hard to get back into the swing of things but we are all trying to get back to normal...whatever that may be. I'm from Livingston TN...I had been hearing about these plant swaps but haven't ever attended one..What do you do at this swap?? and do you have to have plants to trade?? We just moved into this house...will be 2 years this december and nothing at all was planted here..we have now gotten it looking pretty good and plant trading on GW has sure helped in this..i'm so glad i stubbled upon this website....there are so many nice people on here...i'm going to try the winter sowing for the first time...hope i do well...

  • 20 years ago

    I'm so sorry about your father...I lost mine to cancer 4 years ago...its hard to get over, that's for sure.

    At plant swaps people bring plants, seeds, bulbs, potted plants, bare-root plants, houseplants, anything garden related... crafts, home canned goods, books, and they trade...one on one. They bring a table to put their things on, and a chair to sit in, we also have a potluck lunch at the Middle TN plant swap, which is Oct 21. We label all our plants so that people will know what they are getting when they get home.

    For more info for our swap, go to jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net or go to our website, midtnplantswap.com.

    Some people bring a lot of plants, some only a few. A few people have even bought plants on sale, divided them and then brought them.

    Hope you will get a chance to come next month.

    SEE YOU AT THE RIVER

    Jan

  • 20 years ago

    I get to come!!!!!! katzswoman is bringing me. I am already in my glory. I do not have many things to swap other than craft things.

    I am excited!

    See you at the river..............

  • 20 years ago

    I am really hoping to get to come this fall. I have many plants and don't want to bring very many home. Crafts are a wonderful idea for swapping, especially those for the garden.

    Ann

  • 20 years ago

    HI all,
    Just wanted to tell you I am bringing Lani(atokadawn) and I may have to weight her down with sandbags since she is so excited......LOL. We will both be there with bells on and can't wait to see old and new friends.
    Martha

  • 20 years ago

    excited????? who me?????? Can we weigh me down with mulch instead of sand.I already did the cactus beds. lol

    See ya at the river!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting