Software
Houzz Logo Print
reneecd_gw

Head Count for Oct 21st

19 years ago

Hey Everyone!!!

The Middle TN Plant Swap at the Buffalo River is just a week from Saturday! I know you all want to make a great day of it and make Jeff proud, right? - Right?!! ;)

The festivities will take place as follows:

8:00 to 9:15:

Registration and setup.

9:15 to 10:00:

Social hour - get to know each other and scope out plants - no trading allowed!! Strictly enforced

10:00 to 11:30

Plant swap - swapping open to all those who brought goods to trade - let the games begin!

11:30 to 12:00

Round Robin Giveaway of free plants for non traders - Watch the spark light up in the newbies' eyes!

12:00 to 1:00

Potluck - umm! Fried chicken, smoked ribs, cassaroles, salads, EARTHQUAKE CAKE!!

1:00 to 2:00

Guest speaker:

Me, myself and I - Renee Dawson

Topic - you'll find out soon!!!

So, let's hear it. Who is planning to join us at the River? Have you been to the swap before? Where will you be traveling from and what are you really hoping to take home with you???

Comments (18)

  • 19 years ago

    Hey there --

    Last fall, a great guy came with lots of opuntia, other cacti, grasses, and some variegated Agave americana mediopicta. I will consider my entire swap to be worthwhile if I go home with nothing more than one of those agaves. But with my luck, that guy won't even come this year!

  • 19 years ago

    Hello gardening friends,

    I will be attending the fall swap and bringing smoked ribs for lunch. Unfortunately, I have to leave early as my daughter will be in a choir program that day. See ya'll soon! Rhonda

  • 19 years ago

    Barb and Norm will be there if the good Lord is willing. We are about as far West in Tn. as you can get without getting your feet wet in the Mississippi River. We are not looking for anything, unless we see something special. Amazindirt has promised me a couple of fig trees. Other than that we will be happy to just see everyone.
    Norm

  • 19 years ago

    Come on everyone, it would help us to know if you are coming...Renee is helping me this year since Jeff can't come, and she has already put in HOURS making a schedule and a list of swap rules so we can give them to everyone. They are rules that will make our swaps more fun, more secure(no more stealing plants), give it more structure and everyone will be a lot happier.

    So, who's next? Y'all coming?

    SEE YOU AT THE RIVER

    Jan

  • 19 years ago

    crickets chirping....

  • 19 years ago

    Oh so thats your subject for the swap.

  • 19 years ago

    Yep, you guessed it, Norm. A subject sure to thrill all, I was planning to present the classic paper:
    Genetic Control of Acoustic Behavior in Crickets
    by RONALD R. HOY, American Zoologist 1974

    Now that you've spoiled the surprise, I guess I'll have to come up with something else!!

  • 19 years ago

    Hey, guys. sorry I have been quiet, but Chip and I were in the UK for over two weeks and the gardening is WAY behind! Nonetheless, I know I will be coming to the swap. I will probably bring a broccoli casserole and possibly some desert if I can sweet-talk the hubby. Plant wise, I am not sure yet; working on that today and will have to let folks know later

    Anyway, see y'all at the swap. :-)

  • 19 years ago

    How about posting those new rules here, Jan? It might make it easier for everyone (i.e., ME) to comply if I know ahead of time what they are.

    Joe and I will be there will bells on, but Cathy's not going to make it this time---gotta work.

  • 19 years ago

    Hi
    I have made big plans to be there at the registration table and do whatever else is needed. I have a nasty sinus infection that kept me home from the Knoxville swap today, but with strong antibiotics and unless the river rises, I will be there with my son, grandson and possibly DH.
    Marianne

  • 19 years ago

    Oh yum, April, I love broccoli casserole!

    I hope you feel better soon, Marianne!

  • 19 years ago

    Hey Judith,

    The 'swap etiguette' rules will be posted in the next day. Jan, Jeff and I want to check and try to make sure that the we didn't omit anything before we post it.

    Renee

  • 19 years ago

    jan
    I will be there with a few plants. Might bring more if I can get off my can and dig some up..I will be bringing chili just to name one thing...I make mine alittle on the spicy side.. may be bringing ann bell with me.. I haven't made any trades or anything like this before so I can't wait. Tonight and tomorrow..busy busy busy...
    Carolyn

  • 19 years ago

    Carolyn we have bowls and spoons for your chili :)

    Jan

  • 19 years ago

    I plan on being there--finally I get to come!! I hope to bring several plants and take home virtually none unless something really special comes along. I will be glad to help in any way. Don't know what food I will be bringing. I love the outside work and not the inside stuff, but if I put my mind to it I can come up with something.

    Ann

  • 19 years ago

    My sister and I went to the Spring Swap, and hope to make this one too. Have several plants (those mauve irises that are either Japanese/Siberian, Sundrops, etc.) and lots of seeds we hope to 'unload'. Not looking for anything special (well maybe some Brugs if not too late to get any of those!), just want to have a good time. We'll bring food, but like you, Ann, I hate to be indoors long enough to cook!

    Hope to see you all there!
    Linda & Dianne

  • 19 years ago

    Trust me, there's be plenty of brugs...(*grin*)

  • 19 years ago

    Sorry ya'll, know this is last minute but won't be able to be there with ya'll this time...........so sorry.......:(
    But for all of ya'll that will be there have a great time!!!! And for those of us who won't: we will be there in pure plant hound spirit!!!!!! I think I can speak for most of us.....
    God Bless you ALL!!!
    Love Martha

Sponsored