Software
Houzz Logo Print
jan_hobbs_gw

Happy Thanksgiving

20 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to all my gardening buddies. This year I am especially thankful for our son is home from Kuwait! All the kids and grandkids will be here tomorrow.

What are you especially thankful for this year???

Jan

Comments (4)

  • 20 years ago

    Dang Jan you always beat me to the punch.

    First and foremost I'm thankful every day for the good Lord giving me such a wonderful wife! The fact that I have a fantastic family and core group of close friends is just icing on the cake.

    I'm especially thankful that I no longer work for a crooked, cheesy outfit like Servpro anymore and that my new business has taken off and gone light years past my wildest expectations in less than a month. The new business is why I haven't been posting much lately. Sorry, I've been a tad busy.

    We are both so very thankful and extremely appreciative of all the exceptional friends that we've made on GW over the last six years, you guys are totally awesome!!! Everyday when I look at our yard I think of all of you guys and the great stuff that we have landscaped our place with for free. ItÂs amazing! Other than shrubs and trees, the majority of it has come from the Spring and Fall Middle Tennessee Plant Swaps. We could never have afforded to have done this without you. Thank You so much!

    Lavonne and I are very blessed and I certainly donÂt deserve much of anything that I have so being thankful doesnÂt begin to describe what I feel. IÂve got to be the luckiest goob on the face of the Earth and IÂm sure that most of yaÂll agree whole heartedly. ;-)

    I sent out a bunch of Thanksgiving e-cards yesterday but if you didnÂt get one, I apologize. Know that in our hearts we are wishing all of you a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day weekend!!!

    Jeff

  • 20 years ago

    Hello to all,
    Boy am I full!!!Full of Thanksgiving for such a wonderful day. God's Grace was amazing to us all. We are fortunate enought to have peace in our home today. We were without worry for our family because everyone was here. For this I am thankful to our Graceous Lord and to all the men and women of the armed services and others that have and do make this possible.

    I am thankful to all of you for being so generous to me and my family. You share your plants but most of all you share your friendship with us. The Lord blesses us all in so many ways, but I really do value each of you at the top of my blessing.

    Now, for the great food we had today!!!I should take about a dozen Liptor tonight, cause I ate soooooo much rich, chocolate, buttery, goooy, food today that I'm sure I'll pay for it the rest of the week, but boy was it fun! My precious Mom-n-law made one of her famous coconut cakes and brought it to me today and the darling woman left it here when she went home. Now, I'll have to eat it, cause I would never want to waste a bite of this delious thing. I'll think about you all this week and probably next week too when I can't fasten my pants!

    Love to you each and everyone and may the blessings of our Graceous Lord rain down upon you from Heaven above, Mona

  • 20 years ago

    A Happy Late Thanksgiving from East TN.....

    Cheryl, Aric and Catie

  • 20 years ago

    A Happy Late Thanksgiving from the other end of the state!

    We had our family dinner at our home for the first time, and I don't know if your house looks like mine, or if you're a neat freak. I prefer to spend my time in the garden, and my house shows it. Anyway, after cleaning, and cleaning for two days, then cooking, cleaning up the cooking mess, washing dishes, putting everything away again, and finally getting some rest, I'm finally back on the computer.

    What am I thankful for? Family and friends, good health, and a good attitude. You know, it is said that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but He must think I'm mighty strong. This year has not bean an easy one and I am so thankful to have my family and friends still around so we could gather together even if it was a lot of hard work getting ready for them! I wish we had a bigger house so you all could have come. You're my family too. Love all of you! Virginia

Sponsored