Software
Houzz Logo Print
okie_gardener

sales at Lowe's

21 years ago

keep an eye on your local Lowes. I picked up a dozen ,two to three inch cactus plants today for 25 cents each!!. They also had african viloets and some bonsai plants. This was at Hendersonville. Okie

Comments (10)

  • 21 years ago

    Great buys!!!! found anything else lately? I try to watch for their deals but haven't been in the garden center there recently. I shop at that lowes often. About two months ago my husband got me a J&P rose bush for like $5.00, thought that was pretty decent.

  • 21 years ago

    I've found some great deals on their sale racks too. Bought 3 ivy plants for 25 cents each. Also some wild rose bushes for $2 each. then some pansies for 25 cents each. they've all done great! GO LOWES! mine is in Florence, AL, I live in Leoma, TN :)

  • 21 years ago

    I bought three small pots of asters for 25 cents each last year and they did great. I love the sale racks at Lowe's.

  • 21 years ago

    All the ball n burlap trees and shrubs at Lowe's in Crossville, Tn is on sale for 50% off!!!!!
    We have some redbuds, fruiting pears, weeping cherries, and such. Also some nice boxwoods....in ball and burlap of course. once again....half off!!!!

  • 21 years ago

    Our Lowes just won't mark it on down ! Of course if you ask nicely, while holding up an almost dead plant, you can get it cheaper lol. I hate seeing all those orchids sitting back there dieing, but I won't pay $20 for an almost dead orchid.

    Cheryl

  • 21 years ago

    Ours has the same thing on the burlap trees and shrubs as well as some dormant J&P roses at half-price.

  • 21 years ago

    I heard at the Master Gardener's meeting last night that all Nashville-area Lowe's are planning a big rose sale on April 30th between 10 AM and 2 PM (I think those were the hours; it wasn't all day). Anyway they will have roses for 50% off and they will also have big sale prices on all rose accessories, chemicals and tools. I don't know any more than that, but it would definitely be worth checking out on April 30th.

    --April

  • 21 years ago

    Lowe's is having a more-or-less "Rose Day America" event. A lot of the Lowe's will have rosarians giving talks and such. Dunno if ours in Knoxville will!

  • 21 years ago

    Hah, that was supposed to say "more-or-less NATIONAL 'Rose Day America' event". I'm typing too fast!

  • 21 years ago

    The Lowes in Knoxville on North Peters had summer bulbs at 1/2 price on Sunday. Picked up Hostas (three to a pack) for $1.50 and elephant ears for $1.10.
    They had lots and lots of Gladiolas, lilies -- canna, day and oriental. Some Wisteria. Lots of other bagged stuff. The rack isn't in the garden department but outside the main entrance. I would had missed it if I hadn't had to go back out for a cart.
    The boston ferns at $5 each were being bought by the cartload.
    I bought a gorgeous fuschia in a hanging basket there last week. It's full of buds and blooming now. They have a lot more. I remember looking for fuschias last year and not finding any.

Sponsored