Software
Houzz Logo Print
northknoxlady

Happy Winter Solstice Everyone!

20 years ago

Yeah! Every day now more light! Soon the world will be Technicolor again. Maybe people are like plants and thrive in certain zones? I know I'm a tropical. At least the big red amaryillis on the plant shelf beside my window is blooming. I try to get into the subtler colors of this season, but it seldom works. At least here in TN the winter is shorter than it was in Massachusetts! Just to remind you how awful it COULD be, here's a pic of my hometown last year. Could ANYTHING be uglier than this!

Brrr! Think Spring!

Comments (4)

  • 20 years ago

    I have this 'saving' thought each year. I figure I can't start counting the added minutes of daylight until we at least pass that shortest day.

    And, as your picture proves .... things could always be worse! Brrrrr, is right, don't think I could handle it any further north than right here in East TN. Have a Merry Christmas!!!

    Frances

  • 20 years ago

    I am going to celebrate by Winter Sowing. It will be so good to get my hands in the dirt !

    Cheryl

  • 20 years ago

    I intended to WinterSow something and didn't. Last year some of the things I sowed on the Solstice germinated too early when we had a warm spell and then bit the dust when it got cold again.

    Now that the shortest day of the year is past, that means the days are going to start getting longer! Yay!!

    My brother sent me this and I'll share...

    To my good pals from left field........

    "Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures who contribute."

    And.... to my equally good pals from center and rightfield.......

    Here's wishing all of you a
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

  • 20 years ago

    Thanks, Rose, for sharing that letter. It is especially important at this time of year I think to find all the darkness inside ourselves and turn it toward the light--which is love. Unwavering, all inclusive, all forgiving, unconditional love for every single atom in all of this universe and beyond...

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions