Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bklyndirt

Looking for basic black nursery pots . . .

bklyndirt
19 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find some? I'm completely new to the area and I don't even know where all the good nurseries are yet. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Yamila

Comments (5)

• penny1947
    19 years ago

Yamila,
    I am not in Syracuse but I would check some of your larger locally owned nurseries. We have one here in Amherst that sells the nursery pots from 3 inch all the way up to barrel size. THey keep them with the propagation supplies.

Penny

• nnygardener
    19 years ago

Yamila,
    I live about 60 miles north of Syracuse, and I know that there is a nursery called Chuck Hafner's on the north side of Syracuse that carries a lot of gardening supplies (and perennials) and they might have the black pots you are looking for. Check out the phone book or the internet for exact directions, as I know how to get there, but I'm not sure of the road names.

• Dottie B.
    19 years ago

Chuck Hafner's is definately a good one, one of my favorites. They are located in Liverpool on the corner of Taft and Buckley. I also like Gravina's Ace Hardware on Buckley. There is a small mom and pop nursery on Henry Clay Blvd., just north of Route 31 in Clay called The Plant Farm and they have very high quality stuff, but they are only open from just before Mother's Day to Father's Day. They have great sales just before they close and everything is half off.

As far as the pots go, I would suggest trying one of the nurseries, although they tend to reuse them when they can. You may be able to get them for nearly nothing from Home Depot or Chase Pitkin when they throw out dead plants. Since they don't grow their own, they tend to throw out the containers. It never hurts to ask.

Another idea would be to post a "Wanted Ad" on Freecycle and see if anyone has some they want to get rid of. www.freecycle.com

• cbs_z5_ny
    19 years ago

Do they have to be black and new? Are you willing to drive down to Lansing? I have about 100 pots of various sizes, shapes, and colors that I would be happy to give you...

I can't stand just throwing them out, and haven't found anywhere to recycle them.

-Caroline

• bklyndirt
    Original Author
    19 years ago

CBS - From your Gardenweb profile I assume you're in the Lansing just north of Ithica. (According to mapquest there's a Lansing just outside Oswego too).

While we live in Syracuse my family and I head down to Ithica at least one weekend a month. If you can hold off until the next time we wander your way, in either 2 or 3 weekends from now, I would love to take some of your pots - though maybe not all 100 - about half that?

Cheers,

Yamila

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH