Escapees...eeewwww!
I used to think I liked worms. That's before I had a bonafide squirm. Yuck.
I set up my first worm bin before the worms arrived, didn't add too many worms, and all went well for months.
Then I decided to start another. I mixed some leaf meal and coffee grounds and eggshells, moistened it to damp sponge level with seaweed spiked water, and confidently dumped in a huge squirm. Stupid...I forgot to let the bin set up awhile, and I didn't add much paper because it dried out so much in the last one. I've evened out the population between them, added damp newpaper to both, put in some moldy foodstuffs, and left the lid off. I'm reluctant to bring in anything from the garden. Should I add a little bagged compost? Anything else to make the environment friendly faster? These guys are hitching up the conestogas.

mkirkwagOriginal Author
Related Professionals
Savannah Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Vincennes Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Lafayette Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Portsmouth Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Plainfield Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · South Bend Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Brooklyn Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Burlington Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Fresno Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Longview Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Bloomington Landscape Contractors · Fort Smith Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Springfield Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Niles Stone, Pavers & Concrete · Newark Stone, Pavers & Concrete