My builder uses Houzz Pro to plan the timeline and give detailed estimates and daily updates with photos of progress, and provide invoices at pre-agreed key points in the build. This made the whole experience much more efficient and stress-free.
Anyone have experience with this violet? Have grown several from seed, and the foliage is lovely. Can I keep it in the house in a pot over the winter, or is it better to plant it out? Thanks!
dmil88, I have 'Fuji Dawn' planted outdoors in zone 6/7 middle-Atlantic United States (Maryland). It's survived one winter and is growing nicely. I would try it outdoors in Ohio; I think it would be happier there than indoors. Good Luck.
I find mandschurica (and some other Asian/Japanese species of Viola) can be reather intolerant of the mild winters we often get here in the south of England. The easily succumb to botrytis, and the protection of a cold greenhouse does little to help. Either, as Tom suggests, grow them outside - where the soil and air will stay fresher, or in good light in the house, where you might be able to keep them growing through the winter.
Mike Hardman
membertom
Related Professionals
Westminster Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Austin Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Canton Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Las Cruces Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Sarnia Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · El Dorado Landscape Contractors · Savannah Landscape Contractors · Florence Landscape Contractors · London Landscape Contractors · Evansville Home Builders · Charlotte Home Builders · Wichita Falls Home Builders · Anniston Home Builders · Colorado Springs Home Builders · Kennewick Home Buildersdmi188Original Author
Mike Hardman