Software
Houzz Logo Print
cchick_gw

Can I get a Deposit Back?

20 years ago

I live in PA and my boyfriend and I are new to the whole apartment thing. We were looking at apartments in August and found one we liked, but it wasn't available until November. They told him that he had to give them the Security Deposit to hold the apartment...$900. After some thought, we decided that the apartment is too expensive for us. He called them at the end of September to tell them and they said we couldn't get our money back. We haven't signed the lease yet, but they said that is their policy. I don't understand why they asked for so much, and also why they won't give it back. We gave them a month to find other tenants and it is a large complex so I am sure they have a list of people. Please give me some advice.

Comment (1)

Sponsored