Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Blue Birthday Table

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

My DGD had a birthday on Friday. Blue and silver are her favorite colors so I did the table using those colors. the table cloth, place mats and candle holders are from Kohls several years ago, The figurine is Royal Worcester. Stemware is from a bargain store in my town. I used my wedding china. Th depression ware compotes were lent to me by my dear friend. The hobnail baskets are from my collection and the kisses are from Hershey that I added for a little more silver. The pretty young lady is the birthday Girl.

I forgot to add a picture of my Valentine Tree in my other post so we added it here. Hope you enjoy seeing these pictures.

NanaK

Comments (12)

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Wow, your DGD looks like the figurine! She's beautiful and so is your table. I really like the darker blue added in with the figurine and the basket. I bet she was happy.

Pat

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow, a beautiful table for a beautiful DGD! What a special treat for both of you! Love the blues & silver ...your linen t'cloth is so pretty! And what a great idea of "lots of kisses" for your DGD ...to add the silver & more blue w/your pretty hobnail baskets! TFS, nana...a special table! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh Wow..your DGD is georgeous...and what a lucky girl to have a DGM to set such a beautiful Birthday Table for her.
    I love your wedding china and the silver and blue makes it stand out. Your hobnail baskets are lovely too but that CP is amazing. I agree she has a likeness to your DGD!
    Glad you remembered to post your cute VDay Tree...
    TFS

jane

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Nana, beautiful table!
    I'll bet DGD loved it.
    Put her in blue and she would definitely look like the CP.

Is your china Noritake? Its very pretty.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Nana, love your DGD's BDay table. Your Royal Worcester figurine is lovely and so is your DGD. The bling around the bottom it is a wonderful addition. The blue baskets are so pretty and would be nice for Easter too.

This is a neat table with your wedding china, snowflake placemats, candle holders and napkin rings look so nice on your tc.

Pretty and cute Valentine tree! Did you make this or buy it?

Punk

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Wonderful table for your beautiful DGD.
    How lucky she is to have you do something so special for her.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

First thing, DGD looks just like Bella, the star of the Twilight sagas, beautiful. Speaking of beautiful, this table is outstanding, the figurine is lovely. I'm in love with your wedding china, it is too cool. Hope DGD had a wonderful B'day.
    Frou

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

I agree with all the others have said. Lovely china and set off perfectly with the snowflake items. Your figurine is so pretty and how perfect to use it for the centerpiece on this special table for your granddaughter! I was reading through your post and have to tell you that you made me chuckle with the "kisses from Hershey" part! Now that's giving us all the details! ;o) Love your Valentine tree too--I keep saying I'm going to fix a tree like that so I can decorate it for the holidays--but keep procrastinating!

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

The brithday table is pretty - BUT YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER IS A KNOCK-OUT!
    What a lovely figurine you used. It seems on the large side. Is it?
    As to the Hershey part - I'd be picking up one of them each time I passed the table. They wouldn't last long enough to get to the end of the dinner.

Happy birthday to your sweetie.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for your compliments. It was fun to do this table for my DGD. I didn't notice that the figurine resembled her until you ladies mentioned it.
    Candy My China isn't Noritake the name on the back is Summit I've never heard of it other than on these dishes.
    Punk My tree is a white birch branch that my DH cut down from a tree in a wooded area behind our house. I use it for just about every holiday except Christmas. It is done differently this year I used the ribbons and roses on my Christmas tree a few years ago and tried them on this tree. BTW the pretty girl in the photo on the wall is my older GD.
    Her Birthday is on Halloween. We've had lots of fun with that.
    OA The figurine is 8" tall.She looks a bit larger on the photo. I know what you mean about the chocolates. if I eat any more I'll burst.
    I think my GDS are pretty but then I might be prejudiced LOL.
    I hope this post goes though, the last time I tried I got bumped off.
    NanaK

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Such a lovely table and the figurine is just beautiful! You DGD is quite a lovely young lady as well.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

NanaK, what a gorgeous granddaughter you have! And the table you set for her is also beautiful.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions