Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
milosmom_gw

2 new tables

milosmom_gw
11 years ago

Hello All.

Crazy times lately with family issues so I haven't had as much time to visit as I would like :(.

I managed to do a couple of tables in the last month. Here is the first one.. The dishes are compliments of my MIL who has sold her house and is moving away the first of Sept (one of the reasons I've been gone, it's a chore to pack that much stuff...whew).

I'm having issues with 6 chairs to the new table and only 4 place settings for most dish sets. Haven't had time to go shopping..booo!

I'm trying to compensate the 4 without having to move the chairs and find somewhere to store them. Kind of unbalanced but it works.

The table ..

and the china cabinet (lazy I am but it's something..lol)..

and here is the one I just finished..

table

the centerpiece..

and the cc...

This one will probably sit for awhile as I have a busy schedule for the next couple of weeks but then I'll be happily dragging out the fall colors. woohoo

Comments (6)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

You are busy, MM! Changing out that china cabinet ...I'm impressed! I think it looks beautiful in both of these t'scape settings! Love the pop of yellow in the cabint to go w/those pretty yellow/blue plates! & of course, the 'lighting' showcases it all!

I like how you've put the centerpc at the back to work w/4 place settings...looks good! Your pretty black & white, silver & glass is beautiful. Hope you get some 'down time' soon ...enjoyed lookin'! TFS! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

MM, beautiful set of dishes from your MIL. I know what it's like to only have 4 place settings. Don't worry, if your like me, you'll soon acquire larger sets! I never cut myself back to only buying 4 if the price is right any more.LOL The china cab looks wonderful decorated with the wht, blue and yellow.

The black setting is so neat with the clear plates. Love how you added the gems to the cp's. Mirrors with the candles look great with the cp silver base. The lighted china cab. is so pretty and love the purple addition in there.

S & P shakers on both tables are nice. So glad you shared!

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing these wonderful tables, MM.
    I love the dishes from your DMIL. The black table cloth really highlights the vivid colors.
    The white plates are striking in the CC and the yellow flowers are the perfect touch.
    Your pink and black table is so romantic. The Ccenterpiece looks nice in the back. I do that sometimes when my CP is too tall.
    The china cabinet co-ordinates beautifully. It is lovely.
    You are so talented. I can't wait to see what you have planned for Fall.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

MM, beautiful tables and I am so impressed with you changing your china cabinet so frequently! I add some things for Easter and change the dishes for Christmas, but that is as much as I can handle. I store too much "stuff" in mine, LOL

The dishes from DMIL are quite pretty. The blue goblets really pick up the blue in the plates.

TFS,
    Candy

• milosmom_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

TY TY :).
    I acquired a few things from MIL during the packing for the move that will appear in due time.
    My cc is one of my favorite pieces. I bought it planning to "stuff" it once and leave it alone but changed my mind when it occured to me I could do different things that I otherwise couldn't like easter grass ,sand, glitter, "snow", ribbon ect without Cat Antics. lol
    Hauled Sdad for his last appt for a few weeks today but have a different project in progress. As soon as that's finished , time to play in the fall stuff.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Ditto on what everyone else said, MM. I love both settings, especially the pink and black combo. WOW. But I especially love all the ways you do the china cabinet. That is definitely one of my favorite pieces to see on our Forum. (ranks right up there with Jeanne's DollBaby. LOL)

Hope things settle down from all the packing and moving now and you can be here more with us.
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths
More Discussions