Software
Houzz Logo Print
carsonheim_gw

Custom Front Doors

13 years ago

There's a specific door style that I just LOVE and I'm getting a quote from a door manufacturer, but wondered if anyone here found they had good luck on pricing with a custom door maker.

If so, would you mind recommending your doormaker so I could ask for a quote? Many thanks!!!

Here's the door:

Comments (10)

  • 13 years ago

    I was in a home recently that used Ron Scott for their custom wood work, including their entry door. He's in Collierville, TN, and I have no idea how shipping to wherever you are located might work. You can try calling him and ask if he accepts out of state commissions (901) 277-3763.

    But, before you do, you do realize how ungodly expensive what you're asking for actually is, right?

  • 13 years ago

    Thanks GreenDesigns! Yes, I know that's one expensive door. The front door will be a splurge. We entertain a LOT and our guests always arrive via the front door, so we believe it's worth it. :)

  • 13 years ago

    I just priced a couple of variations of a custom mahogany entry 5' x 8': a single door with sidelites and/or transoms--C$7,000-C$13,500 plus 13% sales tax--from here and here.

    If you're getting a quote be sure the estimate includes appropriate high quality locks, roller-bearing hinges, staining and installation.

    This post was edited by worthy on Sat, Aug 31, 13 at 0:39

  • 13 years ago

    Maiman Doors is another option.

  • 13 years ago

    I thought I was going to have to go custom on my front door, but for the price difference, I found something that was close enough and we are very pleased with the result.

    Perhaps close enough will work for you too...

    Here is a link that might be useful: From ebay

  • 13 years ago

    This one is custom, but the web site says the maker is no longer available, and that the door price ranges from...well, I'll let you see for yourself...

    Here is a link that might be useful: Custom door

  • 13 years ago

    You might look at manor house doors...

  • 13 years ago

    We could not find the right door with the right glass options. Had custom door made with elliptical transom and sidelites. Used
    Dallas Millworks in Georgia:

    http://www.dallasmillwork.com/

    Very pleased with the outcome!

  • 13 years ago

    Given Annie's new definition of "ungodly costs" with that million dollar door, perhaps I'd best elaborate that Ron's are a budget choice in comparison! Or, as budget as a 75K door can be.

  • 13 years ago

    Annie -- Holy crap! 250K-1.3 million for a *door*???? No wonder the maker is no longer available. No one could afford to buy their products!

    Central - thanks for the referral. I'll check it out. :)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars40 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21