Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Housewrap vs Drainage Wrap?

14 years ago

Appreciate comments on what housewrap you used or are considering.

We're building in NY State. House is framed and we're planning foam or cellulose insulation in 2x6 walls, fiber cement siding (Nichiha or Hardi).

One new development that caught my attention are drainage barriers--a textured more 3D material that is supposed to channel any moisture that migrates past the siding down and out, in addition to offering vapor midgration similar to Tyvec. I have a sample of a product called Vortec -- has anyone used it? I believe Dupont has a similar material. Any experience with this material affecting warranties on cement siding?

Thanks for feedback! --Mark

Comments (12)