Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
candywa_gw

Marzipan Babies

CandyWA
18 years ago

Aren't these the cutest little things!!!

Comments (20)

• dayenu
    18 years ago

but who is able to eat them? I must admit the thoughts give me the creeps.

• barb_from_pa
    18 years ago

Oh my gosh! They are really works of art. Definitely not for eating, though.

• CandyWA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm with you... I can't really see my dinner guests wanting to bite the heads off of babies for desssert. Eeeewwwww

I looked online hoping to find a mold for them but didn't succeed. It seems like if you molded a baby (and I'd prefer polymer clay) that you could then arrange his little body into positions. It would be such a cute cake topper at a shower... or babies first Christmas ornament, etc.

If anyone finds the molds for these little infants, lemme know.

• dayenu
    18 years ago

they are sculpted I imagine, not made woth a mold. Artistic yes but still macabre. Once I bought a girlfriend a cake with a large marzipan penis for her 40th birthday party. We snarfed that thing down quickly... LOL

• Oklahoma
    18 years ago

did you find these on a site? if so where?

I cant stop stareing at them.....
    [Dont know if that is that a good thing or a bad thing..lol)

• CandyWA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Dayenu, you're probably not allowed to post any of those party pictures LOL

The internet is just amazing... This afternoon I received pictures of the marzipan babies from a girlfriend here in town. By 10:00 p.m. I'd received that same e-mail three times. The second came from my best friend in CA, and the third from a friend in Branson, Missouri. None of those people know each other. Isn't it interesting how quickly things travel through cyber space!

Even more interesting (and not quite fair) is that the e-mail doesn't give any credit to the artist.

• GardenGirl_IA
    18 years ago

Beautiful. But they are polymer clay - not marzipan. Wouldn't it be neat to have your own baby sculpted. Her are is so lifelike.

I am fascinated by marzipan candy - I wish I could make those clever things.

Here is a link that might be useful: Camille Allen

• dayenu
    18 years ago

I am so glad to hear that no one will be chomping off their dear little heads.

• CandyWA
    Original Author
    18 years ago

GardenGirl, thank you SO much for the link.

I've watched cake decorating competitions and the edible sculptures are absolutely phenomenal... so when I received 3 e-mails entitled Marzipan Babies... I never questioned it.

Makes ya wonder who decided to pass them off as marzipan... and why.

Camille Allen's little sculptures are just amazing.

• granny2ricky
    18 years ago

Oh these are so awesome! I would love to have a collection of these! I used to collect dolls until I ran out or space to display them...this would barely take up any room! LOL....DH would love this! I really need these....where did you find them?

• granny2ricky
    18 years ago

I just put myself on the mailing list...I'm curiuos as to the price of them miniatures.....love them!

• jenni_ca
    18 years ago

Vikki, she has one miniature available now for $119.
    Here is the link to that page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Available

• minnie_tx
    18 years ago

I've never seen anyuthing like them. What a craftperson!!
    Thanks for sharing.

• barb_from_pa
    18 years ago

I'm glad they aren't marzipan. They are really wonderful. Too bad they are so expensive, but they really are works of art!

• newfysmom
    17 years ago

Uh, these cute babies are made of a silcon based craft putty. Do a web search with "Marizpan Babies" and a bunch of links will pop up. And yes, it names the creator of these beautiful pieces of art.

• gardeningwithbaby
    17 years ago

Wow,

I just checked out her new website and she also makes life sized babies, these are really creepy,they look just like a baby, so real it is scary.

Stacie

Here is a link that might be useful: scary babies

• fairyfrolic
    16 years ago

Camille's babies are awesome but there are several artists who sculpt exquisite OOAk [one of a kind] polymer clay babies, as well as fairies, mermaids and fantasy figures. A good place to start is ebay. Search with OOAK Fairy and something should come up. There are also several organizations for OOAk sculptors where you can view these little miracles being brought to life. www.ooakguild.com, www.ooakdollart.com and www.artdolls.com. Check out Loxleigh by AU. artist Ros Schramm. Her dolls are amazing... Sharon

• intercept12_gmail_com
    13 years ago

They are not made from Marzipan but from clay which I prefer. I think they range somewhere between $99 to $1200

I just love them.

• neptuneschild1_aol_com
    12 years ago

They re so sweet. How much are they?

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

I can appreciate the artistry ... but these & the life sized hand sculpted babies give me the shivers . It is an awesome craft - lots of people collect these & love them !

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer