Software
Houzz Logo Print
momto4kids_gw

RECIPE: Orange Meringue Pie

22 years ago

Here's a change from the customary Lemon Meringue Pie. I've noticed if I used fresh squeezed orange juice, it's not as tangy as if I use store-bought "fresh squeezed" from a carton. Even though I KNOW it's orange and not lemon, my brain never seems to get it until I put the bite into my mouth!! If you make it, let me know what you think! Deb

Orange Meringue Pie

1 C sugar

1/3 C flour

1/4 t salt

1 1/2 C orange juice (fresh squeezed, optional)

2 T lemon juice

3 egg yolks

2 T butter

1 baked pie shell

meringue

1. Sift dry ingredients together.

2. Add fruit juices. Cook slowly until thickened, stirring constantly.

3. Add small amount to beaten egg yolks. Mix well. Pour back into saucepan.

4. Return to heat. Cook 2 minutes. Add Butter. Cool.

5. Pour into pie shell.

6. Add meringue.

7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Comments (11)

Sponsored