I made these cookies tonight and doubled the recipe. Instead of using two egg yolks, I used one whole large egg. And I used sweet butter instead of shortening. I asked about those substitutions in the Cooking forum and promised I'd share the recipe when I finished. So, here it is.....
Chunky Orange Marmalade Cookies
1/4 cup shortening (I used unsalted butter)
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. BP
1/2 tsp. BS
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (magazine says "teaspoon" instead of "cup"... has to be an error!)
Combine the flour, salt, BP, BS, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
Cream the shortening, egg yolk, and marmalade until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets (I used non-stick pans and didn't grease). Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Yield: 2 dozen (my double batch yielded 3 dozen).
triciae
jessyf
Related Professionals
Ocala Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · West Palm Beach Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers · Madison Landscape Contractors · Houma Landscape Contractors · Trenton Landscape Contractors · Odessa Landscape Contractors · Florence Architects & Building Designers · Montgomery Architects & Building Designers · Augusta Architects & Building Designers · Kalamazoo Architects & Building Designers · Traverse City Architects & Building Designers · Manchester Architects & Building Designers · San Jose Architects & Building Designers · Provo Architects & Building Designers · Hilo Architects & Building DesignersjennOriginal Author
cindy_5ny
juniebug-2006